Vice President, Valuation Control
4 days left
1. Responsible for Independent Price Verification (IPV) and Reserve calculation and analysis at month-end for all assets and liabilities.
2. Lead a team of energetic, motivate and career oriented individuals.
3. Identify and analyze model deficiencies in pricing models.
4. Conduct reviews of significant deals.
5. Identify & propose solution for pricing issues for complex derivative trades.
6. Interact with multiple stakeholders globally & provide accurate and timely information.
7. Drive improvement in processes through automation.
8. Prepare monthly packs for IPV/Reserve & present the numbers in valuation committees and to senior stakeholders.
9. Understand and access the impact of various regulatory changes on independent valuation of trades; and design framework to incorporate the regulatory changes.
10. Work with Valuation Methodology team to review valuation techniques to adapt to changing market & methodologies.
11. Ensure a robust and optimized Prudential Valuation framework.
12. Continually seeks to challenge and improve standards.
13. Driving closer alignment between Product Control and Valuation control.
14. Positioning of Valuation Control as a more business focused function with a strong understanding of the business and its drivers.
15.Mindset for a very strong control environment which will ensure that business continues to grow in stable and controlled manner.
Qualification & Skills:-
1. Strong sense of integrity and financial independence is required.
2. Detailed product knowledge, fully conversant with industry and accounting issues, valuation techniques, liquidity and risk issues etc.
3. As the complexity of the products in each of the businesses increases, the need for independent valuation and assessment will increase.
4. Educated to degree level; preferably with a Finance / Business OR Financial Engineering background OR Masters degree in a quantitative subject.
5. Strong IT skills. In particular Excel, VBA, SQL and functional programming.
6. Experience of Global Markets treasury products (covering All Global Markets products)
7. Ability to work under constant pressure to tight deadlines and deliver high quality output.
8. Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels both written (report and guideline writing) and verbally.
9. Analytical and challenging mindset.