AVP - Valuation Control
The main function of this role will be to independently assess the valuation of all assets and liabilities within the respective Financial Markets business. Additional responsibilities would be the calculation and assessment of market and model reserves in light of known model deficiencies.
- Responsible for the independent valuation at month-end of all assets and liabilities using multiple external vendor services pricing.
- Providing timely information to the relevant product controller on the impacts to their books.
- Calculation and analysis of reserves.
- Analysis of model deficiencies.
- Production of monthly pack which clearly states the over or undervaluation as compared to front office.
- Review and implement Independent Pricing methodologies.
- Ensure ALL trades are marked to fair value.
- Identify pricing issues for complex derivative trades.
- Establish best practice valuation techniques.
- Ensure a robust and optimized Prudential Valuation Framework.
- Responsible to oversee and review the BAU controls, reporting, and escalation process for VC Commodity.
- Supervise, mentor and provide leadership to the existing team.
- Actively engage with key stakeholders on issues related to VC Commodity, and act as the main VC Commodity representative on various governance committees (VBC).
- Review of Key Control Indicators (KCI) and Control Sample Testings (CST) for the Valuation Commodity team.
- Educated to degree level; preferably with a Finance / Business OR Financial Engineering background OR Masters degree in a quantitative subject.
- Experience of Global Markets treasury products (covering All Global Markets products)
- Strong IT skills. In particular Excel, VBA, SQL and functional programming.
- Ability to work under constant pressure to tight deadlines and deliver high quality output.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels both written (report and guideline writing) and verbally.
- Analytical and challenging mindset.