Corporate Credit Trader
CORPORATE BOND CREDIT TRADER- This individual will have trading responsibilities across all corporate credit sectors, primarily in the investment grade universe. Knowledge and experience with high yield and Private Placements is helpful.
They will have broad responsibilities reaching across corporate fixed income to develop tactical & strategic trading approaches to help meet key portfolio objectives while actively participating in relative value opportunities and generating ideas to improve the existing portfolio.
Credit Trading: Must have broad knowledge of corporate credit trading, pricing, execution, risk management, and relative value. Established broker/dealer relationships, including with syndicate are a must. Proficiency with electronic trading platforms. Candidates must be organized, motivated, and comfortable with all aspects of trading - from execution, booking, and settlements to modeling and developing new trade ideas.
Formulate and effectively communicate investment recommendations that add value to the portfolios. The candidate will be responsible for providing quantitative/analytical and qualitative support. Present trading ideas to the PM/analyst team supported by a well-developed investment thesis.
As part of the Corporate Credit team, the Corporate Credit Trader will work directly with Credit Research, Portfolio Management and Risk teams. In addition, the Trader will interact regularly with other members of the Symetra investment department.
A successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 2-8 years of corporate credit trading experience on either the buy side or the sell side. Investment grade focus with High Yield and Private Placement experience helpful.
- Ability to provide quantitative/analytical and qualitative evidence to support an investment thesis
- Established sell-side relationships with traders, syndicate and capital market.
- Comfort dealing with uncertainty and risk, and ability to make investment decisions that are supported by rigorous analysis and communicated with strong conviction
- Strong understanding of investment concepts, coupled with passion and intellectual curiosity
- High level of initiative and experience developing and implementing value added investment recommendations
- Ability to work effectively in a small, collaborative team, while also communicating and interacting with a larger group of investment professionals
- Strong academic credentials. A Bachelors level degree is required and a post-graduate degree or professional qualification (e.g. CFA) is preferred
Symetra is a dynamic and growing financial services company with 60 years of experience and customers nationwide. In our daily work delivering retirement, employee benefits, and life insurance products, we're guided by the principles of VALUE, TRANSPARENCY AND SUSTAINABILITY. That means we provide products and services people need at a competitive price, we communicate clearly and honestly so people understand what they're getting, and we build products that stand the test of time. We work hard and do what's right for our customers, communities and employees. Join our team and share in our success as we work toward becoming the next national player in our industry.