Operations Account Derivatives Specialist (Operations Accountant 5)
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wells Fargo Asset Management , a division of Wells Fargo Wealth and Investment Management, strives to help clients achieve their financial goals through top-tier investment options managed by specialized investment teams that are supported by independent risk management and backed by superior, collaborative service. With more than $504 billion in assets under management as of January 12, 2018, Wells Fargo Asset Management has 29 autonomous investment teams with specialized expertise and proven processes, more than 500 investment professionals, and a global reach with offices and clients around the world.
This position will be responsible implementing and overseeing operational processes and controls to support derivative investment products as part of the Portfolio Accounting team. You will work closely with other members of the Investment Operations Team, vendors and internal partners such as technology to implement efficient, scalable solutions to reconcile and properly account for derivatives activity including trading, margin and collateral movements, income, realized and unrealized gain/loss and lifecycle events such as exercising and expiring options as well as credit events for swaps. Derivatives include but are not limited to futures, forwards, credit default swaps, total return swaps, interest rate swaps, and options.
- Serve as a derivatives accounting subject matter expert and partner with investment management teams, client service, risk/compliance, technology and others to articulate business processes, issues and solutions pertaining to operational matters.
- Analyze opportunities and recommend strategic solutions to improve service levels and create efficiencies.
- Participate in and/or manage projects of various types.
- Possess comprehensive regulatory and financial industry knowledge.
- Partner with investment management teams, client service, risk/compliance, technology and others to articulate business processes, issues and devise solutions.
- Identify and implement operational process improvements on rolling basis, ensure plans/programs adhere to appropriate policies and regulations.
- Ensure operational processes are fully documented, tested and adequately supported.
- Perform operational tasks specified by manager, including but not limited to updating/maintaining information of relevant systems.
- Resolve and escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Represent Wells Fargo Asset Management with internal/external clients and service providers as appropriate.