Securitized Product Associate Analyst – Fixed Income Research
Job Description :
Columbia Threadneedle Investments, a division of Ameriprise Financial, is seeking to hire a RMBS Research Associate Analyst.
• Support analysis and research for securitized product team (RMBS, CMBS, ABS, CLO), managing independent research projects as required.
• Assist in the analysis of industry trends into actionable recommendations, gathering relevant data as appropriate.
• Incorporate macroeconomic analysis into research.
• Perform modeling of security, including default and prepayment assumptions.
• Manage projects, proactively seeking solutions and following up on ideas to improve processes.
• Become proficient at gathering relevant data from BlackRock Solutions, Bloomberg, Internet and other investment systems.
• Contribute to team strategy discussions, including daily market meetings.
Required Qualifications :
• BA/BS degree.
• 1-4 years of relevant investment industry work experience and experience in analyzing and modeling securities.
• Communication and relationship skills to appropriately influence and share ideas with Portfolio Managers, Traders and Analyst colleagues.
• Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to perform security, industry and economic analysis, including proficiency with software tools such as Python, R, Excel and database management.
• Relationship skills to work successfully across the Columbia Threadneedle organization and to interact with company management teams, as required.
Preferred Qualifications :
• Experience with structured products/RMBS.
• Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) completed or in progress.