Summary: The Analyst will perform fundamental industry and company analysis within the assigned sector in order to develop and maintain sound investment opinions concerning areas of responsibility. The Analyst will monitor securities held in the portfolio and make purchase and sale recommendations to the Portfolio Manager.
Waycross Partners, an investment management firm that specializing in Large Cap Core Equity and Long/Short Equity strategies, was founded in 2005 and offers a small office environment where we strive to bring passion and opportunity together. We believe in rewarding value creation and hard work and are dedicated to providing growth to employees that demonstrate those attributes.
Responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Conduct thorough research of equities in the assigned sector to understand key drivers of performance and risk.
- Maintain sound investment opinions of relative valuations of securities within the assigned sector.
- Monitor performance and risk of securities within the assigned sector.
- Assist in the development of tools and processes to analyze individual securities or portfolio.
- Assist the Portfolio Manager with sector allocation decisions based on relative value assessment of the assigned sector.
- Maintain positive relationships with company management, sell-side analysts, and other key contacts to evaluate current and future company performance. Attend conferences, if warranted.
- Build and maintain working relationship with other investment professionals on the portfolio team to share ideas and information on industries and companies jointly covered.
- Serve in a back-up capacity for sectors followed by other Analysts.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual needs to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Management Skills: Manages workload and resources by planning, organizing and delegating to meet deadlines and accomplishes objectives while maintaining department quality standards.
- Adaptability: Ability to embrace change as a necessary and desirable opportunity. Flexible in dealing with different viewpoints and people with diverse backgrounds.
- Communication: Ability to express thoughts and ideas to others, both orally and in writing.
- Dependability: Demonstrates reliability and instills confidence in the ability to carry out job duties.
- Teamwork/Interpersonal Skills: Builds and maintains working relationships with other employees and customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- CFA candidate
- 2 – 3 years of sector-specific equity research
- Intermediate understanding of MS Office and FactSet.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and organizational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Degree and/or CFA
- Working understanding of FactSet
- Experience conducting primary research for companies and industry sectors
- Previous experience providing research/analytics to long/short equity managers