Investment Administrator (Fiscal Services Administrator III)
**Open to All Qualified Candidates**
This position serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority
This is a position specific recruitment. The resulting list of candidates will be used to fill this MDTA position/function only. All interested persons will need to re-apply for any future recruitment conducted for this classification.
The Maryland Transportation Authority (MDTA) owns, operates, and maintains eight major toll facilities comprised of four bridges, two tunnels, and two turnpikes across the State of Maryland. For nearly 50 years, the MDTA has provided Maryland's citizens and visitors with safe, secure and convenient transportation facilities. We are committed to quality and excellence in customer service, and we rely on our organization's values, traditions and – most importantly – our employees to achieve these goals.
The MDTA is seeking an experienced and diligent Investment Administrator to manage the agency's $1 billion investment portfolio. The primary responsibility of the Investment Administrator is to manage investment related activities including portfolio modeling, trade execution (buys/sells), preparation of monthly board reports, total return performance calculations, scenario analysis, credit risk analysis and conduct Investment Committee meetings. The duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Portfolio modeling, including comparisons of term structure, option adjusted duration and convexity relative to benchmark bond indices;
- Complex trade modeling to maintain portfolios' option adjusted duration near benchmark targets;
- Trade execution, including senior management notification and justification, solicitation, bid and offer evaluation, option adjust spread analysis, nominal spread analysis, relative value analysis, make-whole call analysis, trustee bank communications and trade settlement resolution;
- Provide oversight of the investment accounting system, support the investment accounting function, and prepare investment related schedules for the financial statements;
- Cash flow modeling of the agency's the bond service accounts, debt service reserves, capital spending accounts, and longer-term reserves;
- Calculating Total Return Performance calculations, external cash flow updates and calculations, market value and accrued interest inputs and calculations for fixed rate and index based securities;
- Financial statements preparation related to investments, including notes and schedules in accordance with Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB) rules;
- Creating MDTA Board and Finance Committee meeting reports and other required federal and state reports; and
- Conducting investment performance attribution analysis, including comparison to benchmark indices.
Employees in this classification will receive direct supervision from the Director of Treasury & Debt. The current vacancy is located at 2310 Broening Highway, Baltimore, MD 21224. QUALIFICATIONS: PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree in finance, economics or a related field from an accredited college or university. Graduate Degree in finance or CFA are also preferred, as well as active or inactive SEC licenses (e.g., Series 7 General Securities Registered Representative, Series 65 Uniform Investment Advisor).
For education obtained outside the U.S., at the time of application you are required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service, such as the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (http://www.naces.org) or World Education Services: International Credential Evaluation (https://www.wes.org/). If you are applying electronically, this must be submitted as an attachment with the application of the position in which you are applying. If you are applying with a paper application, this documentation must be submitted with the paper application for the position you are applying.
Experience: Seven (7) years of investment industry experience. Three (3) years of this experience should include the management of large investment portfolios and associated
financial modeling, securities trading, portfolio/security analytics, and investment policy compliance monitoring.
Your placement on an eligible list may be based solely on the contents of your application; therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information. Please include all relevant experience on your application. This includes, but is not limited to, full or part time, volunteer, military, acting capacity, or any other experience that is relevant to the position you are applying for.
If you have held more than one (1) position at the same employer, please list each position that you held and the length of time that you held each position. LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS: None. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: APPLICATION PROCESS:
Please apply on-line or submit an application (TSHRS Form DTS-1) form to:
MARYLAND TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY
Recruitment and Examinations Office
2310 Broening Highway
Baltimore, Maryland 21224
RESUMES CANNOT BE SUBSTITUTED FOR THE TSHRS (DTS-1) EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION. For an application, Form DTS-1, please call 410-537-7553 or visit our online employment center at http://www.mdot.maryland.gov/Employment/index.html.
Applications submitted via hardcopy must include the supplemental questions and answers.
Reasonable Accommodations for persons with disabilities will be provided upon request.
Please be advised that the State of Maryland is dedicated to a drug-free workplace, and as a result, employees are subject to the State's Substance Abuse Policy to include possible drug testing. Selected candidate(s) may be subject to background and reference checks.
The incumbent in this position will not be a member of a covered bargaining unit.
Note: The Maryland Transportation Authority is not sponsoring new employees in application of the H-1B Visa at this time due to budgetary constraints. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act of 1986. Federal regulations prohibit H-1B Visa candidates from paying sponsorship fees, all sponsorship fees must be assumed by the potential employer.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. MDTA does not discriminate based on age, ancestry, color, creed, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, or sexual orientation.
Appropriate auxiliary aids and services for qualified individuals with disability will be provided upon request. Please notify in advance. MD Relay Service Number 1-800-735-2258 (TTY Number: 711). Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
Issue Date: 04/17/2019