Product Development and Portfolio Management - ETFs/Mutual Funds/Structured Products
This is an opportunity to join a young, innovative investment firm on the ground floor. Start-up personality, outstanding analytical skills and strong work ethic are must-haves.
This role will be in the Product Development & Portfolio Management team. The team has two collective responsibilities:
1. Developing new investment strategies / products
Responsible for originating and structuring investment strategies that will meet our clients' overall investing and risk management needs. The team’s primary responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Monitoring markets and products trend
- Working with partners to gain original insights into markets
- Develop a general understanding of capital markets and a deep understanding of the options / volatility markets
- Discovering potential clients' needs through collaboration with sales teams
- Designing, structuring and pricing solutions through extensive research and data analysis
- Exploring possibility of packaging select investment solutions into asset management products
- Communicating efficiently with sales force to facilitate marketing and distribution of the products / investment strategies
- Operationalizing investment strategies into products by collaborating with external partners such as legal counsel, fund / managed account administrators, accountants and custodians.
2. Managing portfolios within existing products
Responsible for the implementation of investment strategies, including trading and operations, for the firms' existing mutual funds, ETFs, and managed accounts. The team’s primary responsibilities in this function will include, but not limited to:
- Monitoring daily market moves and understanding their impact on live investment strategies
- Trading securities in response to investment strategy objectives, market moves, inflows and outflows from investment strategies
- Working with brokerage firms to get best execution on securities being traded
- Working with fund / managed account operations team to resolve daily pricing of the strategies
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance, science, or engineering
- Minimum of five years of experience in capital markets – preferably in options / volatility / structured derivatives. Experience in structured products and/or OTC derivatives, knowledge / experience in developing systematic or rule-based index strategies preferred. Experience in trading and/or operations for mutual funds and/or ETFs preferred.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to develop and maintain close working relationships
- Strong quantitative skills and an analytical mind
- Advanced MS Excel skills and report writing skills
- Highly articulate and organized with strong attention to detail
- The ability to handle a fast-paced working environment
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and desire to be challenged
ABOUT CBOE VEST
Cboe Vest is an investment company that is majority owned by the Chicago Board of Options Exchange (NASDAQ: CBOE). Cboe Vest is dedicated to serving financial advisors in bringing wider access to innovative target outcome investment strategies. Cboe Vest’s asset management products include managed account offerings, mutual funds, ETFs, CITs, ETNs, and UITs. These products are protection-oriented, providing investors with targeted protection, enhanced returns, and a level of predictability unattainable with most other investments available today.
The Cboe Vest team consists of experts with decades of experience in building target outcome investments. We are dedicated to bringing institutional quality risk management solutions to a diverse spectrum of investors.