Portfolio Manager - Energy Services
Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB. Is that you?
Are you interested in being a part of banking history...do you want to be a part of a financial institution that thinks differently and is committed to Albertans’ greater good?
ATB is just that! We work hard to do the right thing for our customers no matter what. We are more than a bank. We think beyond the lines of tradition and process to find solutions that impact our community. How do we do this?... By putting our team members first!
We know that for our customers to be happy it starts with the happiness of our people and we are committed to helping our team members learn and grow, and empower them to create their own paths for success. We believe that work should be fun; we inspire our team members to think beyond today and what we can achieve 30 years from now. Let’s create something new together!
Portfolio Manager – Energy Services
As a member of the Energy Services Team and reporting to the Director, Energy Services in the Corporate Financial Services (“CFS”) division, this role is responsible for managing, developing, administering and maintaining a portfolio of Energy Services relationships, primarily complex and/or public companies with loans and/or deposits generally over $10,000,000.
The primary focus of the Portfolio Manager - Energy Services is to provide credit assessment, risk analysis, account maintenance and assist with achieving efficient growth while ensuring optimum customer service is provided.
- Prepare credit assessments through completion of an application for credit. Analyze to the appropriate degree financial information to assess risk and determine how ATB Financial best meets the customers’ needs
- Assess financial service needs of customers through discussion with the Director – Energy Services, other team members or meetings with the customer
- Disburse or implement loans to customers within authorized lending limits after obtaining credit approval and the required documentation, collateral and security to support the loan
- Ensure credit decisions / recommendations are in accordance with sound credit granting principles and are in accordance with ATB lending policy and procedures
- Manage risk through account monitoring to identify and act upon any deterioration of account or portfolio risk. This includes ongoing monitoring of industry reports as well as interim and year-end financial information/statements
- Administer existing portfolio including renewals, expired credits, and day-to-day banking needs/account management
- Assist the Director – Energy Services with pitch books and other prospecting activities
- Participate in meetings and events with clients, prospects and other centers of influence
- Participate in Sales Team meetings, sharing successes, best practices and other information with the team
- Identify and either respond to or refer opportunities generated from customer analysis and inquiries to Director – Energy Services, Independent Business, Retail Banking, Alberta Private Client, ATB Investor Services, AltaCorp Capital, etc.
- Assist the Director – Energy Services with improving efficiencies of the portfolio
- Develop relationships and partner closely with internal business partners, including: Financial Markets, Loan Syndications, Project Finance, Corporate Credit, Cash Management, AltaCorp Capital, etc.
- Work closely with our business partners at AltaCorp Capital to mutually advance business opportunities between AltaCorp Capital and ATB CFS
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM:
- 4 - 6 years Corporate / Commercial lending or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a related field
- MBA, CFA or accounting designation is highly desirable
- Exceptional analytical and financial analysis skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with sophisticated clients
- Ability to meet deadlines and establish priorities to manage multiple issues
- High level of integrity and credibility
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a proven ability to produce effective results while working independently with limited supervision, but also be an effective team member;
- Dedication to teamwork
- Strong work initiative and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas
- A strong understanding of, and experience working in the energy sector would be an asset
- Hungry. Passionate. Driven. Entrepreneurial spirit. Relentlessly Inventive
- Do the right thing – we want those who are steadfastly genuine in their pursuit to make banking work for people
- Think big and making it happen – only creative and out-of-the-box thinkers need apply
- Ability to meet deadlines and establish priorities
- Ability to learn new skills and acquire new knowledge
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
So what can ATB Financial offer you? Imagine paying less for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments. Throw in an excellent benefits and pension package, opportunities for career advancement, and a financial institution that’s leading the way in change – now you’re talking about a career with a company that allows you to grow. As an award-winning employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working for Albertans. Sound like a team you want to be a part of?
Advancement. Fun. Rewards… We get it.
To learn more visit atb.com.
To read our employer reviews visit our Glassdoor page.
Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If you're application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview.
Please click the following link for information on communities where ATB thrives.