Director- Pre-Settlement Exposure Governance
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19031560
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
FIRM (Financial Institutions Risk Management) PSE Lead is responsible for the oversight and management of analytical tools used in calculating Pre-Settlement Exposure for the entire of suite of capital markets products traded by Financial Institutions Risk Management (FIRM) and other risk groups represented within the Institutional Client Group (ICG).
The Director- PSE Governance will play a leading role in reviewing specific product risk calculations in partnership with Credit, Market and In-business risk managers. The candidate will draw on a quantitative background and knowledge of sophisticated derivative products, to review adequacy of the risk computation. The individual will be part of a cross-functional team working across the organization, but most frequently with ICG business groups and trading desks and their respective quantitative personnel, IT groups, and financial controllers to ensure accurate procurement and measurement of risk. The individual will also closely collaborate with Risk Analytics to leverage RA's quantitative expertise and with the Model Validation Group to evaluate their models from the practical perspective of the credit officers. Finally, the Director will be responsible to an executive council in providing updates, recommendations and escalation on a monthly basis.
• Point person for PSE investigations requested by credit officers or PSE Council
• Establish risk measurement surveillance reports
• Present standard and ad hoc reports on PSE reporting and analytical on monthly basis
• Active involvement as stakeholders in projects to improve the accuracy of analytical tools
• Provide guidance on quantitative aspect of risk measurement
• Work with governance and other stake holders on overseeing and ensuring the integrity of the risk measurement data
• Hold meetings with Business, Analytics, Technology and Risk to present and gather feedback on proposed enhancements to risk measurement methods
• Interaction with senior management in presenting analyses upon request, and provide updates
• Produce proposal documentation for enhancement of existing tools or additional tools, as need arises
An undergraduate or postgraduate degree in a quantitative or financial discipline required.
• CFA or CAIA will be an advantage.
• 10+ years relevant experience
• Good understanding of product characteristics, risk measurement, pricing methods and hedging techniques for traded products
• Similar understanding of corporate/investment banking products and its associated risks
• Knowledge of credit processes and its infrastructure
• Good computing skills is essential, especially in advanced spreadsheet and PowerPoint usage
• Spreadsheet modeling experience
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Good attention to detail and strong analytical skills
• Ability to lead meetings involving diverse group of professionals is a strong plus.
• Good issue-spotting skills and willingness to take initiative to address them.