Segall Bryant & Hamill is an independent investment firm based in Chicago, Illinois with offices in Denver, CO; St. Louis, MO; Philadelphia, PA; and Naples, FL. Since our founding in 1994, we have grown to approximately $19.7 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2019. We provide fee-based investment management of equity, fixed income, alternative and asset allocation portfolios. Our growing client list includes high net worth individuals and families, endowments, foundations, corporations, hospitals, public funds and multi-employer plans across the country.
Segall Bryant and Hamill is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Title: Equity Analyst
Category: Dividend Value Strategies
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Denver, Colorado
Compensation: commensurate with experience
SBH seeks an Equity Analyst to join our Dividend Value team. The primary purpose of this position is to research and perform analysis of companies in Small, Smid and Mid Cap Dividend Value portfolios, make recommendations to Portfolio Managers, and participate in the team-based vetting process for new investment candidates by bringing a diverse perspective to the discussion. This position will be assigned a specific focus area for primary coverage. While at least 3 years of experience is preferred, we are open to hiring within a range of 1-10 years of equity analysis experience for the right candidate. This position reports to the Director of Dividend Value Strategies.
• Identify and recommend actionable investment ideas within the team’s investment process, to assist portfolio managers in generating above market returns across the Small and Mid-Capitalization spectrum.
• Model and analyze company financials, business strategies, and valuation parameters
• Proactively and clearly communicate both actionable investment recommendations and the state of financial markets to team members.
• Develop and maintain research relationships including industry contacts, company management, and research vendors.
• Make field trips, attend industry conferences, and interview company executives to build and maintain industry expertise.
• Minimum 3 years relevant experience as an equity analyst preferred; experience investing in a team-based domestic value strategy covering cyclical sectors is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree and/or CFA (or pursuit of CFA) preferred
• Ability to analyze/ model financial companies, business strategies, and valuation parameters
• Demonstrated skill with MS Office, and FactSet. Advanced proficiency with Excel.
• Track record of tangible positive contributions to past investment performance
• Intellectual curiosity and ability/interest to cover multiple sectors as required
• Thrive in a culture of vigorous but respectful debate
• Thrive in an environment of continuous improvement; hungry to both offer and receive constructive feedback
• Exceptional time management skills
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• This position requires travel
Submissions must include a resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
Company website: www.sbhic.com