2 days left
The area is responsible for the management of the cash and investment activity for the corporation and subsidiaries. This management includes the receipt and control of cash, forecasting of cash in order to maximize the investments, ensuring the highest return while satisfying payment obligations and appropriate liquidity needs. The area is further responsible for the reporting and analytics surrounding the investment portfolio. Also, keeping abreast of federal economic policies and the resulting challenges surrounding investments affects the environment of the area. The area is further responsible for providing oversight to the Pension Fund and The Caring Foundation This oversight includes analytics and adherence to the corporation’s investment policy guidelines.
The Portfolio Analyst will assist the Portfolio Manager in the coordination, recommendation, and monitoring of externally managed investments and oversight and management of the internally managed investments across the entire Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama investment program. The Portfolio Analyst will perform ongoing due diligence on current and prospective investment managers including periodic manager interviews, reporting, portfolio reviews, and account guideline compliance. In addition, this position will be expected to perform periodic and ad hoc manager, capital market, and investment research to support the investment objectives of the organization. The position is also expected to work alongside and provide support to investment accounting, cash management, and corporate development efforts.
Summary of Qualifications
- Bachelor degree
- Three years of investment manager and capital market research experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to all levels, in order to create and conduct executive level presentations
- Strong data analytics and reporting experience
- Experience researching unfamiliar and complex investment topics, evaluating portfolio implications, and clearly communicating findings
- Experience applying creative and critical thinking to solving complex problems
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience using Bloomberg, Morningstar, Fact Set, and/or other industry standard research sources
- Three years of portfolio management experience preferred
- Back-office investment operations experience preferred