- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Institutional Sales
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19030661
Competitive Salary Offered
Job Purpose:• Manage the rates and credit structured solutions business for the SA Investor Sales team. It entails proactive and consistent coverage and advisory of local financial institutions (Asset Managers, Insurance Companies, Hedge Funds and Bank ALCO desks).
• Build a highly respected and consistently profitable solutions business within the SA market .
• Is the key part of the markets business sales effort, responsible for sales to all the financial institutions and non-banking financial institutions clients across the various asset classes.
• Is the key link for SA based clients to access Citi's pricing, structuring and product capabilities.
• Advising top-tier institutional clients on market/execution/derivatives related issues.
• Crafting strategic and/or episodic driven solutions.
• Develop a deep and broad relationship with key top-level decision makers.
• Provide proactive and consistent coverage and advisory of local South African Financial institutions (Asset Managers, Insurance Companies, Hedge Funds and Bank ALCO desks).
• Build a highly respected credit and rates structured solutions business in the SA market,
• Build strong team work, information sharing (to the extent allowed by Citi's policies) and idea sharing in particular with the other investor sales team members in Johannesburg and in London.
• Exposure to local and international clients.
• Interaction with regulators - SARB, National treasury.
• Access to and interaction within other EMEA markets and markets people.
• Product, classroom and regional training.
• Bachelors Degree in Business / Finance / Economics or relevant discipline.
• FCA (UK): Required if the candidate is London based which can be obtained once started.
• FSCA (SA): Required if the candidate is Johannesburg based which can be obtained once started.
• Post graduate qualification or additional professional qualifications e.g. CFA.
• Extensive years' experience in an Investor Sales role
• Experience working with investor clients.
• Experience in Markets (Fixed Income, Rates and Credit is a must).
Skills and Competencies:
• Good relationships within the FICC markets (Asset Managers, Regulator, Insurance Companies, other Banks, Internal Traders and other sales desks).
• Experience working within the FICC markets in a sales role.
• Working knowledge of company balance sheets.
• Ability to analyse company annual reports.
• Rates and credit pricing tools.
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Certified Role, subject to the Certification Regime. The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which has come into effect on 7 March 2016. Under the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorised as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
• Honesty, integrity and reputation
• Financial soundness
• Competence and capability
In order to comply with the requirements of the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must take reasonable care to ensure that an employee does not perform a Certified Role without first being certified as Fit and Proper. For this reason, you will be assessed for this role against the Fit and Proper requirements, as described above. This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks. If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your Fitness and Propriety.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Certified Role. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Closing Date: July 11, 2019