Planning and Development Consultant (Home Based)
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
The Branch Development division at Edward Jones hires, trains, supports and develops the
branch team to deliver the ideal client experience. As the key connection between branches and
the home office, you’ll play a vital role in driving positive results in the core profit center of the
firm and in gaining critical insights that shape our business.
Here, you’ll help branch teams grow both their clients and their leadership skills, providing
innovative thinking to continue evolving our training, development, recognition and rewards in
ways that best engage our unique branches.
Cultivate the knowledge and skills of our branch teams through our Branch Training &
Advisor Coaching and Support
Advanced Branch Support
Asset and Office Sharing
We are seeking a Planning & Development Consultant (Home Based opportunity) to help our financial advisors progress through their lifecycle by providing tailored development, guidance, and holding financial advisors accountable to performance standards to achieve their performance objectives.
* For new Financial Advisors: this role acts as their informal leader: Operates as a one-point-of-contact for advisors including developing business strategies tailored to their business, equipping them with resources to execute, and ultimately holding them accountable for business results. This may include accountability through a formal Performance Improvement Process and termination of employment if applicable. This role also provides strategic support to the Performance Leader to build regional health and retention strategies based on new FA needs and opportunities.
* For veteran FAs and branch teams: this role helps take their business to the next level by uncovering their vision, developing specific business plan strategies, and supporting their execution. The role also supports leadership and business development programs, classes, and courses acquiring a thorough understanding of training to meet individual needs.
Planning & Development Consultant responsibilities include:
* Communicate performance expectations or requirements and monitor and evaluate their performance.
* Gather, elicit, and synthesize all relevant data about the individual Financial Advisor and the region, such as their unique situation (e.g. branch vision and goals, prior experience, office/asset situation, branch diagnostics, market insights, etc.)
* Identify most impactful opportunities to bridge the gap between the Financial Advisor goals and current situation.
* Work with the Financial Advisor to co-create a business plan that focuses the Financial Advisor on the best strategies to meet their goals, based on their unique situation and needs. Then arrive at themes to inform health and retention strategies at the regional level (focus for new Financial Advisors).
* Based on the Financial Advisor's business plan, connect them to the development resources needed to effectively execute their plan (training, SMEs, mentoring, coaching, etc.)
* Bachelor's degree in business related field preferred
* 5 plus years of oversight or process management experience
* 3-5 plus years in Financial Services industry preferred
* Licensing: CPH, CSC required or to be completed within 6 months
* Leadership development experience preferred (experience applying a planning and development model, performance management, development guidance, etc.)
* Business coaching experience an asset
* Strong analytical skills: Ability to synthesize a large amount of data and navigate/integrate data from various sources
* Ability to leverage consulting skills to tailor an approach for each Financial Advisor based on their unique situation.
* Excellent communication and listening skills, including one-to-one and group sessions.