Portfolio Manager, Manager of Managers & Targeted Return
- Assist the Investment Director - Manager of Managers and Targeted Return in the management of Targeted Return assets and the oversight of both internal and external investment managers.
- Under the supervision of the Investment Director ensure that all aspects of manager searches are documented to evidence that they were carried out in an efficient and effective manner, and without any bias towards any party.
- Assist the Investment Director and other LGPS Central staff in evaluating information that is relevant to the selection of external investment managers.
- Under the supervision of the Investment Director, integrate, document and maintain the Investment Committee's investment policies applicable to the asset classes/portfolios for which you are responsible, in addition to observing the house policy on Responsible Investment and Engagement.
- Always manage risk and compliance in accordance with the Company's Risk and Compliance Framework.
- Run your Investments in a manner which will deliver value for money for Partner Funds whilst seeking to identifying opportunities to improve the risk adjusted returns after charges in the Targeted Return Fund.
- Provide documented assurance to the Investment Director, that your investments are managed within the parameters set in the Prospectus and the IMA, and in accordance with the Company's policies.
- Contribute to a rigorous culture of high performing, collaborative, research based and responsible investing across the Investment Team.
- Be an ambassador for LGPS Central within the investment community, Partner Funds and with regulators and key stakeholders.
- As directed by the Investment Director, implement the creation of new external mandates or the retender or consolidation of existing external mandates.
- Always follow the manager selection, appointment, monitoring, reporting, retender and transition framework (the "Manager of Managers Process") set by the Investment Director, Manager of Managers and Target Return.
- Compile performance reports and associated commentary.
- Carry out financial, legal and commercial due diligence at the request of the Investment Director.
- Ensure that knowledge of all investment managers that are appointed by LGPS Central, or on which manager monitoring is carried out, is up-to-date and comprehensive enough that their investment performance and other aspects of their portfolio management can be judged in the context of what might reasonably be expected.
- Take ownership of tasks the Investment Director asks you to manage, for example, regulatory work, investment analysis, manager selection, portfolio reporting, investor relations and strategy development.
- Under the direction of the Investment Director, deliver a transparent, auditable and repeatable manager selection and manager monitoring process.
- Perform any tasks commensurate with the role.
- Experience of investment/financial analysis within investment markets, preferably gained with an asset manager or other financial institution.
- Demonstrated skill in providing oversight and monitoring of investment managers, including documenting the manner in which the monitoring has been carried out and the level of comfort provided by the monitoring.
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas.
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills.
- First class interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills.
- Relevant degree and/or professional qualification.
- IMC gained and working towards CFA qualification or similar/or relevant investment experience would be a plus.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please forward your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com, quoting reference PMTR, highlighting your key strengths and experience in relation to the job profile.
Please note that the application closing date is 14 June 2019.