- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Research
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19030233
We are seeking to employ an equity research analyst to join Citi's Financials team in London. The person will be responsible for coverage of high profile stocks. The role will include contact with Citi's sales and trading platform, institutional equity clients and senior investment bankers with the common goal of developing all aspects of Citi's Financials franchise.
Citi Research is a highly rated research unit comprising more than 300 research analysts in more than 30 locations around the world. Citi Research provides its client with fundamental analysis on more than 3,000 companies, representing over 90 percent of the market capitalization of the major global indices. This is provided alongside economic, macro and quantitative analysis of global markets and sector trends. Combined with Citi's exceptional sales and trading, the core focus of the group is to help investing clients make informed decisions by providing value-added, independent, insightful analysis.
In EMEA, Research covers over 800 stocks and has a research presence in a number of markets, namely the UK, Italy, South Africa, Israel, Poland, Turkey Dubai and Russia
• Responsible for Financial stocks and (overtime) lead coverage on select mid-cap Financial stocks.
• Responsibility for detailed company and industry-level modelling.
• Responsibility for major and minor client requests in an accurate and timely manner.
• Contributing to written research product
• Representing Citi Research at company and industry events
• Enabling maximum commercialisation of the team's expertise by Citi globally.
• Extensive years or more relevant financial services and/or specific industry experience. We are particularly interested in candidates with prior experience in the financial sector, experience of the investment decision process in buy-side or sell-side investment firms.
• Accountancy or other relevant qualification will be taken into account.
• Clear knowledge of the equity research model
• Sound grasp of financial analysis, financial modelling and valuation techniques
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• A proven track record of rigorous analysis and thought leadership
• An interest and understanding of stock markets
• Experience in developing client relationships
• An ability to work calmly and with accuracy under pressure
• An ability to meet difficult deadlines
• A team player
• Understands the client base and meets their requirements
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Certified Role, subject to the Certification Regime. The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which has come into effect on 7 March 2016. Under the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorised as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
• Honesty, integrity and reputation
• Financial soundness
• Competence and capability
In order to comply with the requirements of the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must take reasonable care to ensure that an employee does not perform a Certified Role without first being certified as Fit and Proper. For this reason, you will be assessed for this role against the Fit and Proper requirements, as described above. This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks. If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your Fitness and Propriety.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Certified Role. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer