Credit & Portfolio Risk Mgmt
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19030389
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
• Maintain and manage a portfolio of credit exposures (including IG and NIG loans, derivatives, cash management products) to Citi's North American clients operating in multiple industries, including Consumer, Retail, Healthcare and Power.
• Transactions include acquisition financing, leveraged financing, recapitalizations, and securitizations
• Work with Capital Markets counterparts on credit approval and execution of transactions identifying key risks and structuring transactions to mitigate credit concerns
• Manage deal approval process including preparation of credit approval memos and transaction execution with product partners
• Review, approve, and manage credit analysis on a quarterly and annual basis
• Co-manage troubled assets with workout colleagues including valuation analysis, amendment approvals and monthly credit reviews
• Assist with special projects including stress testing, portfolio reviews, internal audits Risk Rating processes, Credit Policies and other programs reviews across product groups
• Interface with internal product / regional counterparts on new and existing deals
• Negotiate key credit terms in legal documentation for loans and derivatives.
• Meet with clients and sponsors and work with bank syndicates (as Agent) and consultants
• Work with risk colleagues on risk mitigation at both inception of transaction and on an ongoing basis
• Previous work experience in risk management with a large banking institution supporting one or more of the following industries: Consumer, Retail, Healthcare, Power
• Strong understanding of corporate finance and bank and capital markets products and services;
• Solid understanding of policies and procedures impacting the Credit Risk Management framework
• Sound risk and business judgment on the full spectrum of risk issues
• Independent problem solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present analysis and recommendations in a succinct manner
• Proven strong analytical and credit analysis skills with good attention to detail, ability to provide big picture decision making and to mentor junior staff
• Demonstrated aptitude for tackling analytical questions through quantitative modeling
• Ability to meet deadlines created due to business needs
• Ability to conduct onsite due diligence visits with relationship managers
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Economics preferred
• 5 - 7 years credit risk or relevant experience, preferably gained at either Citigroup or at a major institution
• An MBA, CPA, or CFA preferred and formal Credit Training is a plus