Wealth Management Senior Portfolio Manager
The Senior Portfolio Manager position requires a broad and deep understanding of sophisticated wealth management practices and investment strategies. The Senior Portfolio Manager actively participates in the retention of existing clients, including assisting in the preparation and presentation of client proposals and reconciling account assets. The ideal candidate will have extensive investment expertise and will be able to operate in a semi-autonomous and entrepreneurial environment while maintaining a sales and client-centered focus.
Senior Portfolio Managers are team players and methodical business builders with experience and expertise as trusted portfolio managers serving the sophisticated needs of ultra-high net worth individuals, families, and institutions. The position requires an exceptional understanding of the full range of investment expertise in wealth management and related products, services, and processes.
- Ability to discuss investment performance, economic, and financial market trends with clients.
- Meet with clients on a quarterly basis, or as needed, to review portfolio performance and present appropriate recommendations.
- Prepare and present pitch materials to prospective clients.
- Evaluate financial products and services on the Wealth Management platform and recommend changes when necessary.
- Maintain and periodically review contracts and other documentation relating to arrangements with third party vendors
- Analyze investment performance of designated accounts and third-party portfolio managers utilized within the Wealth Management department.
- Design and implement investment strategy within the Wealth Management division
- Buy, sell, and trade securities for accounts in accordance with policies established by the Investment Committee.
- Maintain a high service level by working closely with Private Wealth Advisors, Trust Officers, and department managers.
- Complete other research projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of five years investment and portfolio management experience required
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation preferred
- Ability to attain CFA within three years of employment required
- Strong, successful track record that meets or exceeds goals set consistently
- Ability to foster teamwork and motivate colleagues required
- Client-centered focus with excellent strategic thinking ability and consultative skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required
- Demonstrated experience in effective account / relationship management required
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills required
- Account management
- Capacity to work with demanding clients and diverse groups of people
- Wealth management and investment management industry knowledge
- Presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Enthusiastic, positive energy
- Flexibility to accommodate work outside normal business hours
- Sitting / standing for extended periods of time
- Sufficient dexterity of hands and fingers to efficiently operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other computer components.
- Ability to converse and exchange information with all levels of staff within organization.
- Ability to observe, perceive, identify, and translate data
- Ability to travel via air, rail, automobile, and/or bus