Specialist, Commercial Pipelines
Plains Midstream Canada (PMC) is engaged in crude oil gathering, transportation and marketing activities within Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Plains is also active in LPG marketing, production and storage in Canada and the U.S. Fueled by our strong management team and dedicated employee base, Plains has sustained strong growth and has aggressive development plans for the future. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy working as part of a team in a dynamic and entrepreneurial work environment.
Plains Midstream Canada is further developing commercial opportunities across its suite of assets. We are currently looking to fill the position of Specialist, Commercial Pipelines to assist in originating, developing and implementing commercial opportunities. This position will be customer facing and focused on establishing new external relationships, while maintaining the success of those existing. Additionally, this position will interact with various internal departments, with particular emphasis on Supply, Marketing, Business Development, Logistics, Engineering and Operations. In addition, this position provides the opportunity to interact with senior management, negotiate with external customers, and exposure to look at business opportunities in crude oil and NGL pipelines.
- Identify prospects, help lead negotiations and prepare agreements with existing and potential customers;
- Identify, develop, analyze, and execute commercial focused projects within the Plains existing footprint;
- Evaluate project economics, prepare management presentations, and present commercial opportunities for updates and approvals;
- Gather market intelligence on producer plans, competitors and competitive projects and other market fundamentals affecting Plains;
- Coordinate and collaborate with multi-discipline, cross-functional teams comprised of internal departments (including but not limited to Supply, Marketing, Business Development, Logistics, Engineering, Operations, Environmental, Land, Legal and Regulatory);
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field including Business, Engineering, Economics or Finance;
- 5-7 years of prior work experience in the oil and gas industry, preferably upstream, midstream and/or mainline pipeline experience;
- Previous experience in a customer facing role will be considered an asset;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to contemplate all aspects of opportunities (technical, financial, contractual, legal, operational and marketing);
- Ability to multi-task and work on a wide variety of projects in a deadline-orientated environment while maintaining thorough, fact based analysis and recommendations.
- Strong collaborator focused on the overall success of the organization
- Articulate and concise communication and interpersonal skills, along with strong negotiation and presentation skills;
- Reasonable knowledge of Plains business, pipelines and facilities, preference to crude and condensate;
- Ability to manage duties through efficient planning, time management, detail orientation and prioritization
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume prior to June 20, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.