Credit Research Analyst, North America Financials
Aviva Investors (AI) is hiring a credit analyst to supplement our growing North American asset management business. This analyst will be a member of the Financials team focusing on REIT’s and supporting our Senior Financials Analyst with coverage of banks and insurance companies. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for covering between 30-40 North American credits across high yield and investment grade in the assigned sector. You will use your judgment and experience to make fund management recommendations. You will work collaboratively with research colleagues across AI, fund managers and other AI research and strategy teams to formulate and underpin security selection recommendations.
Aviva Investors is a trusted global fixed income investor with £224bn of assets under management across the full fixed income spectrum. We have 89 investment professionals spread across 6 global locations and we offer a diverse range of products, including: developed market (sovereign, government related, and corporate); emerging market (sovereign, government related, and corporate); liquidity and multi-strategy (broad market) fixed income.
You will be responsible for:
- Undertaking analysis and strategic research in assigned regions providing input into investment grade and high yield fund management decisions
- Working collaboratively with team colleagues, fund managers and other AI research & strategy teams to help formulate and underpin security selection recommendations
- Publish investment recommendations and provide credit updates as necessary
- Monitoring the performance of investment recommendations via extensive financial modeling, relative value analysis, industry conference attendance, and sell-side discussions
- Evaluate new issues in the primary market
- The ideal candidate will have between 2-5 years of high yield and/or investment grade debt capital markets (buy or sell side), leverage finance, or investment banking experience
- Either a relevant degree (economics, finance, accounting or related discipline) or able to demonstrate a suitable depth of intellectual knowledge and maturity
- CPA, CFA or progress towards qualification preferred
- The ability to deliver investment research and/or investment ideas that contribute to superior, risk adjusted results
- Experience in applying techniques learned in a financial markets environment
- Quickly able to develop and build relevant modelling tools
- Authoritative within area of expertise along with a good level of generalist knowledge
- Well-developed problem solving, decision making and communication skills
- Energetic and forward thinking with high ethical standards and truly professional approach
We are proud to be a different kind of asset manager; our intelligent and innovative solutions are based entirely around our clients’ needs, not ours.
Aviva Investors is a global asset manager with expertise in real estate, fixed income, equity, multi-asset and alternative investments. We are proud to stand out in our field as our intelligent solutions are based around our clients’ objectives, not ours. About us
Inclusion and diversity
We are a global organisation with thousands of employees and customers from different cultures. We’ve built our approach to inclusion and diversity on the principles of respect, valuing differences and inclusion.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is bought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies. What’s important to us is that you are supported to do the best work of your life. Our culture and values
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.