Research Analyst | Private Markets - San Francisco
Verus is in search of a self-motivated individual to join our downtown San Francisco office. Candidates should be process-minded, collaborative, customer focused and good at problem solving.
The Private Markets Research Analyst position is responsible for performing manager due diligence, generating investment content, and supporting the Private Market Consultant with client service relationships. This position represents a unique opportunity for highly motivated professionals to assume a wide set of responsibilities and make a significant impact in building the private markets business.
Provide general support to private markets team, as necessary, including:
Research, at discretion of Research staff and Consultants:
- Coordinate with investment managers to gather and verify quantitative and qualitative information;
- Standard analytics, including peer ranking, hit-rate / volatility, IRR, PME;
- Standard qualitative work, including documentation of meeting notes, reference calls, draft preliminary evaluations and fund recommendations;
- Other general research, including industry trends and investment managers;
- Update and administer forward / research calendar;
- Monitor existing funds, and flag Research and Consulting staff on key developments.
Business & Admin:
- Drive and verify completion of diligence checklists;
- Disseminate fund recommendations and information to teams outside of Private Markets, including the AIC, RFP response teams, etc.
- Review and edit client deliverables in compliance with Verus templates.
Client Support, at discretion of Business Lead & Sr. Consultant:
- Support Consultants with client requests;
- Review fund amendments, develop a view, and draft response;
- Respond to ad-hoc client requests, etc.
Performance reporting, at discretion of Lead Performance Analyst and Consultants:
- Prepare responses to RFP questions,
- Review performance reports
Verus is an independent, employee-owned, provider of non-discretionary consulting and discretionary management services to a wide variety of institutional investors, including endowments and foundations, corporate defined benefit and defined contribution plans, public pension plans, and multi-employer trusts. We are headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in Los Angeles & San Francisco.
Our clients rely on us for the thoughtfulness of our investment research and personalized approach to their portfolios. Through independent, impartial advice and investment expertise, our professionals strive to be the driving force that empowers clients to achieve their enterprise objectives. We are looking for talented professionals who embody our firm values of diligence, professionalism, expertise, client service, and collaboration.
Our boutique culture allows opportunities for career development and cross-departmental collaboration. On top of strengthening growth and partnerships in the work environment, Verus provides a competitive benefits package, and promotes healthy living through work/life quality and flexibility.
- Bachelor’s degree required; with a preference for degrees in finance, economics or other closely-related fields
- One to two years of experience in finance, investments or relevant investment experience, preferably with exposure to private markets investments at an Investment Bank, Private Equity Firm, Fund of Funds, Limited Partner or Private Equity Consulting Firm
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Proficiency in PowerPoint
- Excellent written, oral and analytical skills, strong attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
For consideration, include resume, and salary requirements. No phone calls, please.
Verus is dedicated to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. We seek employees from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic and best selves to work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, medical condition, military or veteran status.