Consulting Associate - Seattle
Verus is in search of a dynamic individual to join our downtown Seattle office. Candidates should have a good grasp of the investment industry and capital markets and be client-service focused. Candidates should have strong analytical skills, written and organizational skills.
The Consulting Associate’s primary responsibility is to support a Senior Consultant in the effective delivery of our consulting services, spanning investment strategy, asset allocation, investment manager assessment and implementation.
- Strong working knowledge of each consultant’s clients and provide necessary back up support
- Efficient and effective presentation of special analytical presentations
- Investment Policy Statement development
- Investment Manager Coordination
- Respond to client requests
- Demonstrate ability to apply Verus’ research by providing value-added suggestions and incorporating research into assigned tasks
- Support consultants in new business development
Verus is an independent, employee-owned, provider of non-discretionary consulting and discretionary management services to a wide variety of institutional investors, including endowments and foundations, corporate defined benefit and defined contribution plans, public pension plans, and multi-employer trusts. We are headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in Los Angeles & San Francisco.
Our clients rely on us for the thoughtfulness of our investment research and personalized approach to their portfolios. Through independent, impartial advice and investment expertise, our professionals strive to be the driving force that empowers clients to achieve their enterprise objectives. We are looking for talented professionals who embody our firm values of diligence, professionalism, expertise, client service, and collaboration.
Our boutique culture allows opportunities for career development and cross-departmental collaboration. On top of strengthening growth and partnerships in the work environment, Verus provides a competitive benefits package, and promotes healthy living through work/life quality and flexibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; preferably Business or Finance;
- Progress towards CFA preferred;
- Two years or more of analytical and research experience in a related field;
- Excellent writing skills required;
- Solid knowledge of financial and equity investing techniques; knowledge and familiarity with equity markets and the pension fund industry;
For consideration, include resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Verus is dedicated to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. We seek employees from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic and best selves to work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, medical condition, military or veteran status.