Investment Director (Experienced in Strategic Asset Allocation)
Areas of Responsibilities
- Strong and deep equities experience, with robust bottoms-up fundamental approach in analysing companies.
- Knowledge and understanding of ETFs and passive investment strategies.
- Good knowledge and understanding of macro drivers of asset classes: returns, risks, and correlations. Able to generate long term Capital Market Assumptions for these asset classes.
- Experience in strategic asset allocation with demonstrated ability to construct an appropriate portfolio taking into account clients unique circumstances and needs.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain framework for monitoring capital markets: fundamentals, technicals and valuations, and to derive quarterly review of capital markets.
- Experience in sourcing, evaluating, recommending and monitoring external managers, especially in multi-assets and hedge funds.
- Outcome and results oriented, with rigorous approach to tasks assigned.
- Preferably, someone with strong, verifiable performance track record of past and existing works.
- Minimum of 10 years of working experience either as an investment manager of reputable buy-side firms.
- Team player with integrity, able to work independently and coordinate across team from various departments/entities.
- A good degree, preferable with professional qualification, like CFA, CAIA, etc.
- Pleasant personality, good communicator, versatile and with positive attitudes, the person must have the drive to excel in tasks given.
- English, with strong communication skills. Able to communicate in Chinese is a plus.
Areas of Responsibilities
- Review and generate strategic asset allocations for different portfolios.
- Provide sound recommendation on portfolio constructions, taking into account appropriate assets universe and strategic asset allocation for different objectives and needs.
- Monitor PEAM investments and escalate investment issues, evolving market risks and portfolio issues, when necessary and on a timely basis.
- Core and central member to support the coverage of Strategic portfolio investments. To execute and actively monitor, with recommended investment actions, when appropriate on these.
- Provide key inputs, identify, evaluate and recommend investment opportunities that benefit from identified emerging capital markets and industries trends.
- Provide key inputs and conduct tests to verify and build internal investment vehicles for implementing approved investment strategies, within and across asset classes.
- Work closely with existing team covering multi-asset mandates and hedge funds.
- Work closely with Corporate Group and Asset Management group to identify investment opportunities.
- Work closely with external sources, our external managers, business associates, etc., to build knowledge and expertise as well as sounding boards for ideas.