Relationship Manager, Institutional Relations, India
The Relationship Manager, Institutional Relations, India is a client-facing role responsible for strengthening relationships and deepening engagement with investment industry and broader financial services institutions and universities in India by delivering a consistent, value added and positive brand experience. The Relationship Manager will collaborate closely with other relationship managers and directors in APAC, as well as colleagues in India, to service existing client accounts, and also identify new clients and business segments, to deliver CFA Institute’s mission in India.
The position will be located in Mumbai, India and will be supported by the Director, Institutional Relations, India.
- Serve as a client-facing CFA Institute ambassador, accountable for delivering a consistent, positive, and accurate brand experience to key influencers and decision makers within institutions adopting CFA Institute products and services, including CFA Program and CFA Institute B2B initiatives.
- Be responsible for the integrity and timeliness of collecting, documenting, and reporting critical information within systems of record (e.g. Salesforce) regarding all institutions in India.
- Manage the successful on-site execution of B2B initiatives and CFA Institute events within India (conferences, forums, VIP events, etc.).
- Develop and sustain strong working partnerships across the organization with essential function areas to deliver account support (Legal Counsel, IT, Contact Center, Service Delivery, Society Relations, Travel & Event Management, Conferences, etc.).
- Serve as the liaison and go-to person for information on Institutional Relations team in India, and project manager for projects inside and outside of India as required.
POSITION-BASED ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES
- Industry knowledge
- Broad financial services industry knowledge.
- Client interaction and/or relationship management experience.
- Intellectual curiosity
- Demonstrated abilities of continuous learning and growth to solve client related challenges.
- Ability to recognize the big picture and facilitate solutions directly or indirectly beyond the norm.
- Ability to work with a cross-function and cross-geographic set of internal and external stakeholders, including from newer business segments.
- Drive and resilience
- Demonstration of self-motivation, energy, proactivity and ambition, with delivery of outcomes of foremost importance.
- Flexibility in competently juggling competing priorities and changing expectations
- Character to deal with critical feedback from internal/external stakeholders.
- Required level of verbal, written and presentation skills to address business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to action findings from active listening.
- Willingness to ask questions rather than just follow directions.
- Client and stakeholder engagement
- Active listening and asking relevant questions to initiate responsiveness to client needs and requirements.
- Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to be a trustworthy and relatable party for clients.
- Ability to present as a CFA Institute Ambassador
- Able to transform/repurpose CFA Institute research and collaterals into useful information for clients
- Process management
- Very high level of organizational and time management skills
- Operating both autonomously and as a team member.
- Independent responsibility for decision making, by applying ethical judgment.
- Systems knowledge
- Understanding and knowledge of MS-Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel, Salesforce, Marketo etc.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in relationship management, business-to-business (B2B) and/or account management
- Successful candidate will be expected to pass the Investment Foundations Certificate program within one year from date of hire
- Fluency in English required, knowledge of regional languages useful
- Energy to put in the hours of concentrated work necessary to achieve goals while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of professionalism
- Full time in the office
- Travel will be approximately 15 percent of the time including occasional travel to CFA Institute conferences, meetings and events.