Associate Portfolio Manager, Fixed Income
Imagine a job where you are free to fly and empowered to think differently. Where uncertainty is comfortable and the status quo is meant to be challenged. Where great minds are creating, iterating and executing to make banking, and the world, better.
Associate Portfolio Manager - Fixed Income - Edmonton
An introduction to us and the role:
We’re an award winning employer and all 5,300 of us get up each and everyday with the core purpose of helping to make banking work for people. Over the last 75 years we’ve transformed people’s understanding of what banking can–and should–make possible. We truly do believe that change is a beautiful thing. And we’re just getting started. Want to join us in the journey?
What’s the team and opportunity all about?
Listening to Albertans. Going deeper to understand who they are and where they’re going. Translating the complex world of banking and investing into brilliantly simple solutions. Creating happiness and doing things other banks wouldn’t do. That’s ATB Wealth.
ATB Wealth is the wealth management division of ATB Financial. Our team of advisors have a passion for listening to the needs of their clients; a desire to develop trusting relationships through smart, simple and helpful advice; and a commitment to helping Albertans live the life they want to live. You can read about our services and our team to learn more.
Reporting to the Chief Investment Officer, the Associate Portfolio Manager is primarily responsible for the segregated fixed income recommendations, analytics, and trading for ATB Wealth. This position requires a detailed understanding of fixed income markets and products, industry trends, and relevant economic data. The Associate Portfolio Manager is also required to provide research, trading, and fund administration duties as needed for the ATB Compass and ATBIS Pools mutual funds. The Associate Portfolio Manager is also expected to contribute periodic investment-related content intended for advisor and end-client use.
- Security selection, analytics, monitoring, and trading for segregated fixed income portfolios
- Fixed income analysis and recommendations to Financial Advisors and Investment Counselors as needed
- Buy and sell order execution of fixed income and money market securities
- Daily communication, in the form of a fixed income offer sheet
- Maintenance of external relationships with bond dealers to ensure adequate liquidity and fair pricing for fixed income securities
- Maintenance of relationships with internal business partners
- Development and implementation of effective techniques and procedures to monitor and control risk of ATB Wealth’s fixed income holdings
- Periodic, ongoing implementation of trading instructions for the Compass Portfolio Series and ATBIS Pools mutual funds
- Contribution to monthly investment committee meetings
- Coordinate with other internal experts to provide individualized investment solutions for advisor team
- Coordinate with other internal experts to create timely investment content for advisors and end-clients
- Strong understanding of bond and money market securities
- Broad knowledge of other financial markets and instruments including equities, foreign exchange, and structured products.
- Experience with portfolio construction and analysis
- Works well with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong proficiency with MS-Excel and a working knowledge of Visual Basic
- Familiarity with Bloomberg desirable
- Candidates with less experience will be considered for a Senior Analyst role
- 3-5 years of applicable experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or a related field
- Completion of the Chartered Financial Analyst program desirable
So, have we piqued your interest?
We love diversity of thought, so even if your skills and experience don’t check off every box, we’d love for you to consider putting your name in the running.
What happens next?
If you make the shortlist for this role, we will be in touch with the next steps. We may also reach out if any other roles we come across fit you!
Purpose. Advancement. Fun. Rewards…We get it.
To learn more visit atb.com.
Does working at ATB sound too good to be true? Let us prove it to you!
Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview.