Be Boring. Make Money.™ is our approach, but we are anything but dull. We are a diverse team of professionals—all with a shared goal: to be the best.
We celebrate our unique and independent culture and we take pride in doing things a little differently than other investment firms. Our quest for excellence means that a career with Mawer is demanding. However, interesting challenges are plentiful, and bright ideas, tenacity, diverse opinions, and teamwork are expected and rewarded regardless of title and tenure.
Mawer is seeking a Portfolio Analyst to join the Enterprise Reporting & Data Analytics (ERDA) Team within Mawer’s Business Technology group. The ERDA team is responsible for performing portfolio analysis, client reporting, and developing tools and technological resources to present data and analytics across the organization. This position reports to the Manager of Enterprise Reporting & Data Analytics and qualifies for CFA charterholder work experience requirements.
- Write detailed portfolio analysis on Mawer’s investment products including performance attribution and evaluation of portfolio statistics
- Contribute portfolio commentary content to support client communication, business development initiatives, and required regulatory reporting
- Support custom client reporting processes for Institutional Portfolio Management team
- Data analysis: continuous validation and monitoring of data elements distributed from the ERDA team
- Sourcing, extracting, validating, and organizing disparate sources of data for various investment research, portfolio management, and business development-driven ad-hoc analyses
- Contribute to rationalization of data and reporting by cataloging, analyzing, and documenting current reporting deliverables
- Work with business development team to maintain firm data and investment product data in industry consultant databases
- Participate in evaluating new technologies as needed
Education, Skills, & Qualifications
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Ability to add value to a highly collaborative, curious, team-centric, and progression-oriented organization
- Growth mindset: ability to learn, unlearn, and relearn skills/methods
- Finance, economics, math/statistics, or related specialization is considered an asset
- Industry experience considered an asset
- Candidacy in (or completion of) the CFA Program is considered an asset
- Experience with FactSet, S&P Capital IQ, Bloomberg, and Power BI considered assets
- Knowledge of SQL, Python, VBA, and/or other programming languages
- We are one of the most respected investment management firms in Canada. This role will directly contribute to our growth as a global investment manager
- We provide the opportunity to learn and work alongside high-performing individuals within a team that has consistently delivered exceptional long-term investment results and the highest levels of client satisfaction (our client retention is 99%)
- We are a highly professional meritocracy in which the quality of ideas supersedes hierarchy. At Mawer, talented individuals have the opportunity to progress quickly, regardless of tenure or experience
- Mawer offers the potential for ownership over time based on the firm’s selection criteria
- We have an exceptional and celebrated work culture, one that emphasizes excellence, integrity, teamwork, and long-term thinking
Established in 1974, Mawer Investment Management Ltd. is an independent firm that provides world-class, global investment management services across all major asset classes to a broad range of individual and institutional clients. We are proud of our reputation as one of Canada’s most respected investment management firms and strive to continually deliver long-term investment excellence, build strong client partnerships, and live our core values. Mawer currently has over $55 billion in assets under management and employs over 150 people across locations in Calgary, Toronto, and Singapore.
Applicants should visit http://www.mawer.com/careers/ to view this job posting and other Current Opportunities. Please submit your résumé and cover letter by July 7th, 2019. Only applications that include all required materials will be considered.
No telephone inquiries please.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.