Financial Analyst (Resi Portfolio Mgmt)
What We Do
The Whole Loan Acquisition business at Bayview often finds itself at the intersection of industrialized processes and a deep understanding of mortgage credit.
Therefore, we constantly ask and answer ourselves the difficult question of how one can quantify risk and, in turn, systematically capture opportunities.
Over the course of our history of having acquired $48 billion in loans, that effort has taken many forms.
Whether we are looking into the acquisition of a complex whole loan pool, evaluating the impact of structured finance on portfolio execution, or creating data feeds that reshape modeled outcomes, you will be able to witness our commitment to solving problems old and new alike.
There is no shortage of opportunities to explore within this business line and the Portfolio Management team sits at the forefront of its investment decisions.
As a Portfolio Management Analyst, you will be a junior member of the portfolio management team expected to maintain basic operational processes across multiple mortgage asset classes.
Upon mastery of the technical tools and fixed income concepts, you will begin to play a larger role in an area of the team that best fits your demonstrated achievements and strengths.
These areas may span across performance surveillance, implementation of new initiatives, cash flow modeling, automating operations, and organizing diligence findings.
In its maturity, the Portfolio Management Analyst position is designed to take ownership of a sector of responsibilities within the Whole Loan Acquisition business line. You will be looked upon as both the subject matter expert and the operative accountable party for its success.
- Weekly and monthly delivery of both production and surveillance reports using Excel and SQL
- Responding to individual loan pricing requests by running financial models on a daily basis
- Compiling and uploading unrecorded information into private databases
- Completion of assigned training materials ranging from data management tools to financial analysis
- Recording and distributing meeting minutes to all stakeholders
What We Look For
- Undergraduate degree or higher from a competitive STEM program
- 0-2 years of work experience
- Ability to methodically solve problems and quantify solutions with limited direction
- Experience working in a result-oriented environment with multiple competing deadlines
- Demonstrated commitment towards achieving career growth and deepening knowledge base
- Strong communication skills that can tailor to both technical and non-technical audiences
About Bayview Asset Management, LLC
Mortgage investment firm in Miami
Bayview Asset Management, LLC (“Bayview”), initially founded in 1993, is a mortgage investment firm focused on investments in mortgage credit, including whole loans, mortgage-backed securities, mortgage servicing rights, and mortgage-related assets. With approximately 1,950 employees and growing, our corporate headquarters is uniquely situated in the beautiful community of Coral Gables, Florida, located near the shores of Biscayne Bay and minutes from Miami Beach. The firm has additional asset management offices in New York and Iowa, as well as loan servicing and origination affiliates in seven US states and Italy. As of June 30, 2018, Bayview oversees approximately $14.0 billion in assets under management. As a major participant in the mortgage investment markets, our senior management team has an average tenure of 15 years at Bayview with 24 years of industry experience. Bayview has substantial experience in sourcing, purchasing, servicing, and managing residential and commercial mortgage loans and mortgage-backed securities.
More searches like this
- Actuarial Services Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Sell Side Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Hedge Funds Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors