Business Development and Relationship Manager
Business Development and Relationship Manager
Public Trust Advisors, LLC
**Position can be located anywhere in California; travel required**
Public Trust Advisors, LLC (Public Trust), a privately held registered investment advisor headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices strategically located around the country, is seeking a California-based Business Development and Relationship Manager to focus on and expand our investment advisory offerings to public entities in California. Public Trust provides investment advisory and management services to local governments and public sector institutions seeking additional return and diversification in their investment program while adhering to the objectives of safety and liquidity.
Public Trust offers a wide variety of investment solutions to public sector entities including pooled investment management, separate account management, and investment advisory consulting services. Public Trust focuses exclusively in the short duration, fixed-income space including mandates for public sector liquidity, operating, reserve, and bond proceeds strategies.
As of March 31, 2019, Public Trust managed $37.4 billion on behalf of its clients. We believe our firm’s success is a result of our approach to client relationships and the importance we place on providing a team of dedicated investment professionals with the necessary resources to serve our clients.
The ideal candidate possesses at least five years of relevant experience in either fixed income product relationship management and business development, banking relationship management, or financial consulting (preferably to California public entities and localities). The successful candidate will possess significant experience in developing relationships with institutional investors and understand the key elements required for growing and maintaining client relationships. The candidate must live in the state of California but is not restricted to a specific geographic area. Travel to clients and prospects throughout the region is required for this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the firm’s growth by developing and maintaining client relationships, identifying potential new business, and effectively communicating product offerings
- Develop and expand business while maintaining existing relationships with current investment management clients
- Collaborate with senior team members in all aspects of sales and marketing as well as client management and ensure follow up with clients and internal staff
- Provide full service to clients in the areas of public funds investment, client education, client presentations, reporting, and regular client meetings
- Analyze client cash flows and work with portfolio management to recommend investment strategies for short duration funds
- Present to governing bodies and investment committees as necessary
- Evaluate and advise on client investment policies
- Create innovative ways of educating clients and prospects on current market events and investment opportunities
- Coordinate information and document flow between staff, clients, and other stakeholders on a regular basis
- Bachelor's degree required. CFA charter holder a plus but not required
- A minimum of five years of progressive sales, marketing, business development, relationship management, or other highly related experience in the public sector; experience in servicing local governments, state agencies, healthcare, higher education, and/or other not-for-profit institutional clients is strongly preferred
- Candidate should be well versed across the investible capital markets but especially fixed-income funds, short- and intermediate-term fixed income investments, and money market instruments
- Self-motivated with a proven successful business/corporate development track record
- Ability to think and act strategically and evaluate issues affecting the team from a larger, longer-term perspective rather than just day-to-day task execution
- Demonstrates a disciplined process for pursuing and winning long sales cycle investment management mandates
- Demonstrates flexibility when approaching complex situations and often uses creative methods/solutions to avoid conflicts and/or negative outcomes
- Possesses a high degree of investment acumen, institutional client-facing, and presentation skills
- Outstanding project management skills with proven ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates unwavering integrity and instills confidence in others
- Desire to improve processes, take initiative, and solve problems
- Strong quantitative, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications and related technologies
Compensation includes a competitive base salary, bonus eligibility, and comprehensive benefits package including 401K and flexible spending accounts.