Portfolio Manager - External Clients
You will function as a key member of the External Portfolio Management team at Voya Investment Management (Voya IM) to enhance the return of client portfolios by managing assets in a multi-strategy total return framework and making timely trade recommendations.
- Work with Senior Portfolio Managers to implement IM Fixed Income investment strategy via portfolio construction for specific strategies in a team oriented environment.
- Analyze relevant portfolios using available systems.
- Develop a working knowledge of client needs, business/liability structure as appropriate, and a broad understanding of the Fixed Income business strategy.
- Understand the client’s broader strategy, monitor portfolio adherence with guidelines at the client portfolio level, and work with asset managers, risk management, operations staff and compliance officers as appropriate to facilitate resolution of issues.
- Partner with Portfolio Specialists to support business development, reporting and client service activities.
- Produce reports and presentations as needed.
- Participate and present in client and prospect meetings.
- Develop and execute proactive, creative ongoing initiatives intended to identify and satisfy client or business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field required; MBA and/or CFA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Fixed Income, preferably with multi-sector portfolio management experience.
- Global bond experience a plus.
- Knowledge of the following: Fixed income instruments and portfolio management; Quantitative risk management; Total return attribution; PC skills and ability to use/learn analytical software
- Strong Customer Orientation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Great Teammate.
- Attention to detail.