Business Development Advisor – Institutional Asset Management
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Business Development Advisor within PNC's Institutional Asset Management organization, you will be based in Raleigh or Charlotte, NC.
- Identifies prospective IAM clients and/or referral sources through education/positioning of IAM capabilities to generate awareness, deliver solutions and drive new revenue. Develops the most complex and sophisticated new client opportunities. Provides portfolio and/or relationship management services to institutional clients with large and complex account types. As assigned, manages accounts in accordance with investment objectives, incorporating PNCs investment approach, philosophy and platform. Responsible for delivering the PNC investment experience to clients where assigned. Responsible for maintaining and growing assets under management.
- Calls on prospects, Centers of Influence and clients to sell and/or refer the full spectrum of PNC Institutional Asset Management products and services, generally at client location. Assesses new business opportunities on a consistent basis, including completing book of business reviews as assigned, responding to new business inquiries and requests for proposals, and maintaining territory/focus lists. Responsible for retaining and growing existing relationships.
- Engages with management and/or partners to establish and execute the appropriate activities, tactics and strategies to generate, identify and pursue new opportunities and successfully close the sale. Engages the appropriate internal partners either to refer to or assist in closing business for PNC Capital Advisors, PNC Investment Advisory Solutions and PNC Retirement Solutions, or any other applicable business segment, as they arise. Provides management with insight on industry trends, best practices and product needs. Meets with and educates partners to position the value of IAM capabilities. Drives team member accountability and participation. Works alongside product partners to maximize the overall relationship across the firm.
- Responsible for providing portfolio and/or relationship management services to sophisticated clients with large and complex account types. As assigned, manages accounts in accordance with investment objectives that have been developed with the client, incorporating PNCs investment approach, philosophy and platform. Responsible for delivering the PNC investment experience to clients where assigned, providing actionable advice, market insight and, as assigned, providing reporting on investment results.
- Responsible for maintaining and growing assets under management. Will lead the sales efforts for the assigned territory and/or prospect list through the introduction and expansion of financial services to the client. Executes risk management practices through the adherence to PNC's policies and procedures. As assigned, supports other in-market IAM sales teams by providing industry insights, making introductions/connections to COIs, clients and prospects, providing strategic guidance on deals within your segment, and, as necessary, serving as the sales leader for specific deals or territories.
- CFA designation preferred
- FINRA Series 7 & 66 ( or 63/65)
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
To learn more or submit your interest, visit www.pnc.jobs and search by keyword ‘313209BR’.
PNC provides equal opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.