Executive Director - CFA Society Melbourne
CFA Society Melbourne seeks a highly organised Executive Director to manage the day-to-day operations of the Society. This varied role works closely with a national CEO and team and supports the Board to deliver high-quality member events and services, engage the next generation of CFA Charterholders, liaise with employers and ensure the smooth running of all Society operations.
Knowledge of the investment management industry and experience in membership organisations will be an advantage, particularly in events, business development or marketing. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and relationship skills, and be a self-starter and able to work autonomously. The role is pivotal in helping to drive the organisational mission to lead the investment profession for the ultimate benefit of investors and the Australian community.
The Executive Director will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Society, including implementing the strategic plan set forth by the Board of Directors, supporting governance initiatives, assisting the administration of the Society’s flagship events, managing staff and managing relationships with key stakeholders including employers, members, volunteers, sponsors, vendors, and others as needed. The Executive Director will report to the CEO – CFA Societies Australia and work closely with counterparts in other Australian Societies, as well as be a key liaison person with CFA Institute. The position holder would also be expected to contribute to the financial sustainability of the Society in line with national strategy.
- Support the Board, Officers, Committee Chairs and volunteers of the Society in fulfilling their roles, including providing best-practice governance support.
- Work to ensure delivery of high-quality services to members including education and social events, communications, marketing and volunteering opportunities within the Society.
- Ensure operation of the Society in accordance with the Society’s strategic objectives and Bylaws.
- Support the CEO and Society Board with agreed Advocacy and Engagement activities.
- Ensure the successful delivery of the Society’s major events (including Forecasting Dinner, Graduation Ceremony, University Research Challenge, CFA Program Review Course)
- Oversee the annual preparation of business plans, budgets, regular financial forecasts, annual reports and strategic plans.
- Work with the national CEO and Sydney Society ED to deliver national initiatives to raise the brand, profile and influence of CFA Societies Australia, recognition of the CFA Charter, and commercial outcomes.
- Liaise with the CFA Institute on Programs and initiatives.
- Ensure that the operations of the Society, as far as is reasonably practicable, meet the requirements of the CFA Institute with regards to Operational Funding.