Director of Membership
FaithInvest is a network and platform for supporting and amplifying the investment efforts of faith groups to be aligned with their values. It became a legal entity in spring 2019 and will also have charitable status. FaithInvest is currently creating its website, media presence, and office.
FaithInvest has been formed by major religious investors working with philanthropies, the United Nations, national governments and financial companies specialising in impact investment. For its first few months, it is being hosted by the Alliance of Religions and Conservation (ARC), a UK-based international NGO started by HRH Prince Philip in 1995.
FaithInvest’s vision is the enabling of faith investment groups, faith laity, faith philanthropies and faith-based NGOs to become the major worldwide forces engaging in investments in pursuit of pro-active investing. Such investments will focus on criteria and goals such as ESG, the SDGs and upon the Catholic vision for faith action outlined in Laudato Si whose message has been supported/endorsed by the leaders of many diverse faith groups. FaithInvest’s goal is to help all faith investment to move to faith aligned values investing
Currently FaithInvest is developing access to around 600 faith investment groups with a potential of helping influence up to £1 trillion of faith investments within eight faiths – Buddhist, Christian, Daoist, Hindu, Jewish, Muslim, Sikh and Shinto - worldwide. A significant proportion therefore of the 80% of the world who claim membership of the major faiths. During the initial three years FaithInvest aims to have developed around 175 members and appropriate support services.
Membership Directors of FaithInvest will be responsible for finding potential members, bringing them on-board and integrating them into the FaithInvest community. The Directors will participate in:
- Helping organize the overall membership drive and direction:
- Leveraging FaithInvest connections in order to initiate conversations with potential members and increase the visibility of FaithInvest.
- Leveraging partner organizations in order to further drive membership and recognition.
- Reaching out, engaging and otherwise presenting the benefits of FaithInvest to likely members.
- Collecting key information about members - including current investment structure, organization/people, key priorities and current and planned impact focus areas.
- Creating a personal link between each member and FaithInvest.
- Facilitating linkages by each member to the planned platform of investable projects.
- Creating materials and communications strategies for the FaithInvest priorities.
- Making sure members’ needs are understood and prioritized in research and development.
- Understanding members’ specific capabilities and leveraging those for other members in need.
- Leading working groups and project groups that address specific member needs.
The Director role will likely require somewhere between 15 and 25% travel. The Directors will need to have a broad understanding of investments across many asset classes and will need to quickly assimilate the leading-edge concepts of today’s faith or ethics-based investing.
Qualifications - ideally each Director will have demonstrated capabilities in:
- Investments. Broad knowledge across multiple asset classes focused on integration of ESG, faith values and impact investments is a big plus. Understanding of asset owner needs and processes would be very helpful.
- Client Service and Sales. Experience with sophisticated clients with broad challenges and exposure to more technical client service roles would be helpful.
Of equal importance is each Director’s personal interest in (and commitment to) ethics, Faith and the Not-For-Profit world as they touch and interact with the investment world.
We are not restricting the role to specific degrees or expertise - but finance and investment backgrounds, whether through education or experience, will be prioritized.
Compensation will vary with background and location but we are anticipating to pay along the accepted levels of the Faith Groups and the not-for-profit world.
Locations can be flexible but we prefer to have the Directors located close to major financial centers worldwide.
We are aware that we are looking for a rare and special combination of talents and interests and we will place a significant weight on an individual’s personal commitment to or interest in faith and ethics based investing.
More searches like this
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Asset Owner CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Asset Owner CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Islamic Finance Asset Owner CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Relationship Management Asset Owner CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors