Vice President, Retail & Wealth Product Strategy
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Product Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19019587
Citi's mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. The core activities include safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. With 200 years of experience helping our clients meet the world's toughest challenges and adopt its greatest opportunities, Citi is the global bank - an institution connecting millions of people across hundreds of countries and cities.
Citi's Global Consumer Bank is building a purpose-driven team to serve its globally diverse, digitally forward customers in top cities around the world. It has a unique opportunity to leverage its global consumer relationships, state of the art technology and a leading consumer banking position to serve content and deliver true customer value in a targeted and impactful way. Citi is optimizing the business relationship structure to realize a fully integrated global delivery model with technology at its core, where sales, marketing content and product all work in concert to deliver on the cross platform goals of the company to deliver a remarkable customer experience.
Operating within the GCB, this role resides within the Global Retail Banking & Consumer Lending team, which is tasked with creating speed, synergy and scale to drive sustainable profitability across our Global Consumer Bank franchise. The team is crafting differentiated value for clients through unique product propositions that cut across - and combine - cards, lending, deposits, investments, insurance and payments.
The role supports the team's product strategy with a focus on retail banking and wealth management strategies that include the creation of digital Banking as a Service products and services, evaluating and accelerating the path to digital Citi Priority offerings - through a combination of buy/ build/ co-create strategies, driving the creation of industry leading offerings that help us deliver on our goal of being the preeminent bank globally to our emerging affluent, affluent & high net worth segments (CitiPriority, Citigold & Citigold Private Client). In designing and driving organic and partner-driven growth strategies the Product Strategy role will report to the Global Head of Retail and Wealth Products and operate within a flat, collaborative structure.
The global role includes working in close partnership with three regional business teams in retail, wealth, lending and partnership teams, as well as additional cross-functional stakeholders across legal, compliance, risk, marketing and technology. Projects are team-based and include close partnership with senior executives and business teams across GCB and Citi.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Leading the development of a distinct, global proprietary and partnership value propositions for retail banking and wealth management products
- Partnering with global and regional product / segment teams to create greater value for clients through the design and execution of strategic projects
- Delivering on product strategy across businesses and regions, guiding execution of priorities across product lines to achieve common global product design, sales / marketing, channel development, fulfillment processes and underwriting where applicable
• Monitoring market and economic conditions and market trends that enable the strengthening of Citi's competitive positioning.
- Improving client experience across channels and leveraging data to deliver relevant customer insights and incremental value
- Defining the strategy for changing Citi's approach to affluent and emerging affluent clients with relationships across multiple markets to support our mandate to become the retail bank of choice for global clients
- Bachelor's Degree required, CFA/ MBA preferred
- 5-7+ years overall experience required, with significant Consumer product and digital banking experience preferred
- Outstanding analytical, quantitative capabilities required
- Knowledge of operational/financial modeling (forecasting, valuation) and ability to analyze financial statements and rapidly develop or evaluate business cases
- Strong communication skills, with ability to create compelling presentations that synthesize key facts for decision making (written, verbal) in "client" situations
- Collaborative work style -- ability to influence without authority and effectively interact with partners across organizational boundaries and hierarchies
- Strong leadership presence - rapidly gain trust from senior management team
- Highly motivated, results oriented, ability to multi-task productively
- Clear/logical approach to problem-solving - breaking issues down to components parts, identifying most important issues
- Proven track record of delivering results within large and complicated organizations through strategy articulation and execution, with the ability to balance trade-offs between risk and returns and adapt to changing environments leveraging a customer mind set to shape solutions
- Responsible for ensuring an environment that promotes the offering of extraordinary experiences to our clients, with a strong customer focus
- Demonstrates a flexible approach and resilience to setbacks and is able to drive operating and culture change, with long-term vision and leadership stamina to maintain course within a constantly changing environment
- Ability to collaborate with and influence the Citi GCB executive leadership team
- Strong financial, risk management and business analytics skills