Associate Portfolio Manager - Edmonton or Calgary
Imagine a job where you are free to fly and empowered to think differently. Where uncertainty is comfortable and the status quo is meant to be challenged. Where great minds are creating, iterating and executing to make banking, and the world, better.
Associate Portfolio Manager - ATB Investor Services
An introduction to us and the role:
We’re an award winning employer and all 5,300 of us get up each and everyday with the core purpose of helping to make banking work for people. Over the last 75 years we’ve transformed people’s understanding of what banking can–and should–make possible. We truly do believe that change is a beautiful thing. And we’re just getting started. Want to join us in the journey?
What’s the team and opportunity all about?
Listening to Albertans. Going deeper to understand who they are and where they’re going. Translating the complex world of banking and investing into brilliantly simple solutions. Creating happiness and doing things other banks wouldn’t do. That’s ATB Wealth.
ATB Wealth is the wealth management division of ATB Financial. Our team of advisors have a passion for listening to the needs of their clients; a desire to develop trusting relationships through smart, simple and helpful advice; and a commitment to helping Albertans live the life they want to live. You can read about our services and our team to learn more.
Associate Portfolio Manager The Associate Portfolio Manager (APM) supports the Director of Institutional Portfolio Management (PM) in providing discretionary portfolio management for institutional investors. The APM works within the business practice to initiate and maintain strong, long-term relationships with direct and referral clients based on excellent service, strong communication, sound investment management and a commitment to fiduciary duty.
Under the direction of the Director of Institutional Portfolio Management, the APM works closely with external centres of influence, ATB Securities Inc. financial advisors, and ATB’s bankers to serve clients and deliver positive outcomes.
The APM prepares new business proposals and RFP responses and generally assist with the client onboarding process. In addition, the APM assists with portfolio analysis and monitoring to identify necessary trades for PM approval. The APM works closely with Portfolio Associates to respond to client inquiries and prepare review meeting materials for the PM. It is expected that the APM will regularly attend client meetings with the goal of developing strong presentation and relationship management skills
- Participates in discovery discussions with prospective clients to design and implement an Investment Policy Statement (IPS) tailored to specific goals and expectations
- Recommends portfolio changes as needed by applying analysis and professional judgment to key inputs such as risk, return, investment time horizon, liquidity and relevant constraints
- Exemplifies ATB Investment Management Inc. behavioural beliefs related to discipline, ignoring noise, avoiding market timing and investing rather than speculating
- Advises on ATB Investment Management Inc. portfolio construction beliefs related to risk management, strategic asset allocation, global diversification and investment cost control
- Operates with a high level of ethics in adhering to, and suggesting improvements to, ATB Investment Management Inc. policies and procedures including “know your client” responsibilities
- Contributes analysis and insights to the ongoing investment dialogue within Institutional Portfolio Management
- Maintain appropriate industry registration status
- Takes the lead on the completion of certain client service tasks including maintaining relationships with internal support groups and specialized reporting for Institutional Clients
- Supports business development and deepening the client relationships by participating in client hosting events, COI relationship meetings, and partnership activities with other areas of expertise
- Promotes and shares knowledge of Institutional Portfolio Management’s service and best practices throughout ATB and relevant communities to maintain and strengthen Institutional Portfolio Management’s reputation and brand
- Demonstrates emotional intelligence in asking the right questions and providing an informed perspective that goes beyond bonds and stocks and helps boards and oversight committees fulfil their responsibilities to stakeholders
- Experience working with policies related to Institutional Investing and knowledge of best practices and governance for Institutional Investors
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience with sub-advisor screening, monitoring and oversight
- Strong problem solving skills
- Broad knowledge of behavioural finance and investment markets with exposure to asset allocation
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, high-performance culture with a significant amount of independence
- An appetite for continuous learning and development
- Personally and fiercely accountable
- Commitment to exceed client expectations
- An interest in expanding emotional intelligence and gaining the confidence to recover from inevitable setbacks, self-regulate energy and perform despite change and ambiguity
- Min 5 years of experience preferably working with institutional investors
- Relevant University degree
- CFA Charter
More searches like this
- Accounting/Audit/Tax Finance - General CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Banking Finance - General CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Finance - General CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Finance - General CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Wealth Management Finance - General CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors