Equity Research Associate
ROTH Capital Partners
Equity Research – Associate, Cleantech
ROTH Capital Partners is seeking an Equity Research Associate to work in the Newport Beach office for the Cleantech team. This Cleantech team is primarily focused on the solar and wind energy industries with some exposure to other sectors, such as energy efficiency, energy storage, among others. As an Associate on a team of two or three, you will have a high level of responsibility and be empowered to make an important contribution.
As a Research Associate, you will
- Acquire expertise in solar & wind working with a Senior Analyst, who is a seasoned industry expert;
- Become adept at in-depth industry and company analysis;
- Conduct thorough diligence and industry checks to support investment theses;
- Learn a rigorous level of financial analysis and build complex financial models;
- Contribute to our highly differentiated written product; and
- Build relationships with company managements as well as sales, trading, and institutional clients.
If you are interested, please send a cover letter and resume to Philip Shen at email@example.com.
Minimum Application Requirements
- MBAs and CFAs are preferred, although candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree are accepted as well.
- CFA or progress toward CFA is preferred, but not required.
- 1 - 3 years of experience in equity research or financial analysis.
- A thorough understanding of financial analysis and the investment process.
- Strong quantitative, financial modeling and Excel skills. As part of the interview process, candidates may be asked to demonstrate their financial modeling skills.
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Deep interest in stock & investment analysis.
- Relentless intellectual curiosity and a drive to excel at the highest level.
- A deep appreciation for client service.
- Strong work ethic: Capability and interest in working long hours as required to be successful.
- Ability to work under pressure, to take initiative, and to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, Excel, Word is required.
- Proficiency in Bloomberg or other data mining software is an asset.
ROTH is an investment banking firm dedicated to the small-cap public market and is headquartered in Newport Beach, CA. ROTH is a privately owned firm that has built a culture of success and innovation. Our approach is driven by our current principals, who are not only the owners of the business but most of whom have been with us for more than 20 years. Our goal has always been to service the needs of small-cap public companies better than anyone else.