Investment Review Specialist (Corporate Developement)
Does the idea of contributing to North America’s largest energy infrastructure company’s growth excite you? If so, we may have the job for you.
We are Enbridge, and we deliver the energy people need and want—to heat their homes, to keep their lights on, to keep them mobile and connected. We operate across North America, fueling the economy and people’s quality of life. We move nearly two-thirds of Canada’s crude oil exports to the U.S., we transport about 20 percent of the natural gas consumed in the U.S., we operate North America’s third-largest natural gas utility by consumer count and we are an early investor in renewable energy in North America and have a growing offshore wind portfolio in Europe.
Enbridge is seeking an individual to join one of North America’s busiest Corporate Development teams in the role of Investment Review Specialist (Corporate Development). This role, is responsible for reviewing Enbridge’s major infrastructure investments, acquisitions and divestitures, across all of our business lines, ranging from $50M to multi-billion dollar transactions. Investment Review Specialist (Corporate Development) will work closely with multi-discipline business development teams to evaluate investment opportunities and coordinate the Senior Management and Board approval processes. In performing their role, the Investment Review Specialist (Corporate Development) will also be responsible for regularly building and maintaining financial models and conducting related financial and commercial analysis to support investment decisions.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Director, Investment Review the Specialist will be responsible for the following activities:
- Building, reviewing and maintaining comprehensive financial models for new projects and business development initiatives, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. Financial models will include:
- Integrated financial statements
- Enbridge consolidation and accretion impacts
- Standardized valuation metrics to permit inter-project comparisons.
- Appropriate tax, financing, accounting and legal considerations.
- Financial, economic and other key inputs provided by the operating divisions to ensure realistic and consistent assumptions.
- Evaluate whether new projects and business development initiatives align with the Enbridge’s Corporate Strategy.
- Collects and analyze information on a wide variety of issues including industry activities, supply and demand for natural gas and electricity and economic parameters to support financial modeling and project evaluations.
- Provide guidance to Business Unit project development and Corporate support teams(Tax, Treasury, Financial Risk, Credit, Corporate Controllers) teams on evaluation practices and the Senior Management and Board of Directors approval processes
- Assist in drafting memoranda for Management committees and Board of Directors to support transaction approvals and updates as required
- Periodically conduct Post Investment Reviews of projects that compare the actual performance of investments versus commitment economics.
- Interacts effectively with personnel across the organization at all levels and externally as required.
- Exceptional financial modeling and business evaluation skills.
- Business education (MBA and/or CA, CMA, CFA, CBV) typically with a minimum10 years of relevant experience.
- Very strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly effectively interacting with and coordinating activities across cross-functional teams
- Prior experience in commercial development/acquisition and/or operations of infrastructure assets beneficial.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory, taxation and accounting issues.
More searches like this
- Corporate Finance Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Economics Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Risk Management Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters