Strategic Analysis & Capital Governance Advisor
4 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
ENERGY FOR WHAT’S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
The Treasurer’s Department provides Southern California Edison (SCE) and Edison International (EIX) with financial resources and world-class analytical, planning, and operational support needed to meet their business needs. SCE's Financial Planning & Analysis team influences and leads change in a dynamic industry.
The Advisor is responsible for leading financial analysis to support strategic decisions being considered in SCE’s corporate and operating unit level and supporting Capital Governance activities. Additionally, you will be responsible for leading the project team through the Finance and Risk Management (FRM) Committee approval process or other venue for review, providing direction on the financial analysis and supporting the proposed recommendation. In this role, the Advisor will have to interact independently with stakeholders across the company to drive decisions and analysis to support the business case. Will routinely present recommendations to division VP and CFO as required. The Advisor is expected to apply strong technical knowledge to challenge business assumptions and to work towards the best solution. The Advisor will also lead Capital Governance activities including providing consultation on capital governance matters, leading new or updated capital governance guidelines, processes and protocols, and supporting capital governance health assessments and post completion reviews. The Advisor may also be asked to support financial planning activities.
- Lead the financial evaluation and analysis to support strategic decision-making that have major financial or operational impact to the operating unit or company. This responsibility includes working and coordinating with counterparts in operating units during review process and presenting to management.
- Identifies and handles resolution of unusually complex issues, identifying the appropriate analytical approach and reviewing, vetting and challenging key inputs, as appropriate. Issues typically require creative solutions, multiple scenario analyses, and presenting findings to executives.
- Acts as key consultant to senior management, Operational Finance and OUs and represents Finance on capital governance matters.
- Provides feedback and leads efforts on new or updated capital governance guidelines, protocols, and processes, and communicate and educate others on changes.
- Leads capital governance health assessments and post completions review, which includes coordinating with project teams within OUs and Operational Finance. Presents finding to executives and governance forums.
- Responsible for ensuring capital governance guidelines and processes are followed. Communicates best practices in project management governance.
- Maintaining a safety conscious work environment by following Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Finance, Economics, Business, Engineering or related technical discipline
- 7 or more years of experience in the field of financial or strategic planning and analysis or similar.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Master’s or MBA in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering or a related field
- Completion of Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Program exam I, II or III, or AFP FP&A Certification.
- Ability to present complex issues in a simple, logical, and succinct manner
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills including ability to communicate analyses and recommendations to senior management.
- Experience in complex problem solving and critical thinking
- Ability to work well under time constraints, adjust to changing priorities, organize a heavy workload, work well in a team environment, and perform with minimal supervision
- Knowledgeable of the utility industry
- Ability to successfully navigate ambiguous or uncertain situations; self-starter and independent problem solver
- Experience developing, validating, and presenting statistical, financial, and valuation models, assessing capital structures, and performing cost of capital calculations, as well as ensuring the accuracy and integrity of findings and recommendations.
- The primary work location for this position is Rosemead, CA
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Relocation may apply to this position.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.