Regulatory Financial Advisor
ENERGY FOR WHAT’S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
The Treasurer’s Department provides Southern California Edison (SCE) and Edison International (EIX) with financial resources and world-class analytical, planning, and operational support needed to meet their business needs. SCE's FP&A team influences and leads change in a dynamic industry.
The Regulatory Financial Advisor will be in Southern California Edison’s Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team, supporting the General Rate Case (GRC) Regulatory Finance group as well as the wider FP&A team.
As part of FP&A’s Regulatory Finance team, you will collaborate with teams across SCE to lead and support a variety of analytical efforts. These efforts may include developing revenue requirements for the GRC and other regulatory filings, analyzing the financial impacts of strategic decisions being considered at SCE’s corporate and operating unit levels, and modeling projections for SCE’s earnings and consolidated financial documents. The Advisor will assess financial results or projections and their operational, regulatory and competitive drivers. The Advisor will also prepare executive-level presentations focused on investment opportunities, emerging trends, and key risks.
- Developing the GRC revenue requirement and related analyses, as well as revenue requirements for non-GRC regulatory filings and supporting these calculations before the CPUC
- Leading or assisting in the management and development of the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) and capital work papers for the GRC Application
- Supporting utility finance and regulations (i.e. federal and/or state regulatory commissions, utility revenue requirement fundamentals)
- Supporting utility ratemaking processes including experience in preparing and supporting regulatory filings – specifically General Rate Cases.
- Short and long-term financial modeling in Microsoft Excel and Utilities International (UI) Planner
- Leading the analysis of potential investments, mergers, acquisitions or divestitures at SCE
- Supporting SCE’s capital governance efforts
- Preparing, revising, and facilitating presentations in support of management communications, including the ability to communicate financial information clearly and effectively while ensuring timely delivery of inputs and validation of assumptions NPV, IRR, discounted cash flow and other valuation analyses
- Maintaining a safety conscious work environment by following Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Seven years of experience in financial, quantitative, economic or operational analysis researching and analyzing regulatory information, presenting results, and mentoring others.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or a related field.
- Proficiency in using MS office applications for financial analysis, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Master’s or MBA in Business, Finance, Economics, or a related field
- Completion of Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Program exam I or II, AFP FP&A Certification, and/or CPA.
- Experience with regulatory writing such as drafting ratemaking testimony, responding to data requests and preparing advice letters.
- Experience with VBA, SQL, or Utilities International Planning and Budgeting software
- Experience with O&M and capital budgeting processes.
- Familiarity with California utility ratemaking, SAP and modeling revenue requirements.
- Experience collaborating and working with internal and external clients and acts as a key consultant to management.
- Effective resource and project planning, decision-making, results delivery, team building, and staying current with relevant technology and innovation.
- Strong ethics, influence and negotiation, interpersonal skills, and effectively manage multiple projects and engage in continuous learning.
- Experience performing ad-hoc financial analysis, including identifying client needs, gathering information from appropriate partners, and presenting information to management.
- Experience leading and performing cost/benefit analysis, Net Present Value (NPV) analysis, and assessing financial forecasts.
- Experience developing, validating, and presenting statistical, financial, and valuation models, assessing capital structures, and performing cost of capital calculations, as well as ensuring the accuracy and integrity of findings and recommendations.
- Experience identifying, evaluating, and resolving moderate issues under rigid time constraints.
- The primary work location for this position is Rosemead, CA
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Relocation may apply to this position.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.