Senior Financial Analyst (Specialist)
4 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
ENERGY FOR WHAT’S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be in the Treasurer’s department within Southern California Edison’s Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. SCE's FP&A team influences and leads change in a dynamic industry. As part of the FP&A team, you will collaborate with SCE’s Capital Governance and Financial Forecasting teams to analyze the financial impacts of strategic decisions being considered at SCE’s corporate and operating unit levels. The Senior Analyst will assess financial results or projections and their operational, regulatory and competitive drivers. The Senior Analyst will also prepare executive-level presentations focused on investment opportunities, emerging trends, and key risks.
- Short and long-term financial modeling in Microsoft Excel and Utilities International (UI) Planner
- Leading and supporting SCE’s capital governance efforts
- Leading the analysis of potential investments, mergers, acquisitions or divestitures at SCE
- Preparation or revision of presentations in support of management communications
- Communicating effectively in a matrix organization while ensuring timely delivery of inputs and validation of assumptions
- NPV, IRR, discounted cash flow and other valuation analyses
- Maintaining a safety conscious work environment by following Edison safety protocols and safe work practices
- Ad hoc projects and other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or a related field
- Five or more years of experience in financial, quantitative or operational analysis
- Experience analyzing complex business and/or regulatory problems
- Five years of experience using MS office applications for financial analysis, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or a related field
- Familiarity with utility financial planning and accounting methodologies
- Ability to communicate financial information clearly and effectively, including developing and facilitating presentations and recommendations for team and corporate leadership
- Experience performing ad-hoc financial analysis, including identifying client needs, gathering relevant information from appropriate stakeholders, and presenting information to management
- Experience leading and performing cost/benefit analysis, Net Present Value (NPV) analysis, and assessing financial forecasts
- Experience building valuation models, assessing capital structures and performing cost of capital calculations
- Experience developing, validating, and presenting statistical and financial models, as well as ensuring the completeness and integrity of findings and recommendations
- Experience with VBA, SQL, Access or Utilities International Planning and Budgeting software
- Strong ethics, influence and negotiation, interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively lead multiple projects and engage in continuous learning
- Completion of AFP FP&A Certification or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Program exam I, II or III
- Experience identifying, evaluating, and resolving moderate issues under rigid time constraints
- Effective resource and project planning, decision-making, results delivery, team building experience, and stay current with relevant technology and innovation
- The primary work location for this position is Rosemead, CA
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Relocation may be available for qualified candidates.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.