Audit Manager, Treasury
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Audit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19025329
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1800 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role directs the timely delivery of high quality value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup Inc. and Citibank NA, their affiliates, and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.
The IA Treasury team is comprised of approximately 10 audit professionals with a combination of Treasury and audit backgrounds that covers all Treasury functions including: Liquidity Risk Management, Funding, Asset Liability Management, Funds Transfer Pricing, Investments, Treasury Risk Governance and Oversight.
- Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and regulatory issue validations as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting.
- Leads and manages audit activities over the Corporate and Business Treasury functions in line with the annual audit plan and risk assessment.
- Demonstrates an ability to apply Citi's Internal Audit methodology, and in-depth level of expertise in one or more of the corporation's businesses and leverages this knowledge into a leadership role in the teams.
- Promotes the use of innovative auditing techniques and technology.
- Be able to lead and manage an audit team of up to five individuals covering any Treasury activity. The candidate is expected to develop talent, build effective team culture, actively interact with other Internal Audit teams and manage a balanced audit budget.
- Possesses a broad understanding of different Internal Audit practices, policies and regulations; and demonstrates ability to apply them during the execution of Internal Audit projects involving high risk areas such as: Broker Dealer activity, Asset Backed Securitizations, Derivative product and Secured Funding / Prime Brokerage, Global Treasury functions, Capital Markets, and Risk Management.
- Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the Treasury function.
- Demonstrates an ability to acquire an understanding of the inter-relationships of business and Treasury function throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach.
- Uses excellent communication skills in order to communicate to a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. May negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to diversity.
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, making sound decisions and exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking.
- Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives.
- Frequently involved in matters that require judgments based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues. Analyses reporting findings and recommends appropriate interventions where needed. Proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems. Demonstrates an ability to effectively recognize emerging issues.
- Serves as a lead reviewer on various Internal Audit engagements.
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, CFA, CIA, CFSA or similar) are a plus.
- Senior level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables.
- Specific subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas: Corporate Funding, Liquidity, AFS/Investment Portfolio Management, Asset Liability Management and/or Balance Sheet Management and knowledge of related regulatory requirements are preferred.
- Demonstrates experience in managing teams and integrated internal audit projects, and assurance for delivery within a matrix reporting environment.
- Experience with Data Management, and / or Data Quality is desirable.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining an independent view. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with all levels of internal and external audit and management.