The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation (“Foundation”) is a not-for-profit, grant making organization that seeks to strengthen, promote, and, where necessary, defend the contributions of the humanities and the arts to human flourishing and to the well-being of diverse and democratic societies. It makes grants in four core program areas (higher education and scholarship in the humanities; arts and cultural heritage; scholarly communications; and international higher education and strategic projects). The Foundation seeks an Investment Analyst.
The Investment Analyst will be part of a twelve-person investment team that manages over $6 billion in assets. The Investment Analyst will report to a Portfolio Manager and will have exposure to a broad range of asset classes, including public and private equity, hedge funds, real assets, and/or fixed income.
Among the responsibilities, the Investment Analyst will:
- Monitor and evaluate the fund managers in the Foundation’s portfolio
- Review manager reports and letters, and participate in periodic meetings with investment managers
- Track and coordinate reports, financial statements, correspondence, and legal documents
- Assist with monthly and quarterly performance reporting and reconciliation
- Prepare quarterly reports on performance, exposures, liquidity, and cash flows
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses of existing and prospective fund managers
- Research, prepare, and write investment papers which outline market trends, analyze the Foundation’s portfolio, and formulate a view on the risks and opportunities related to specific investments
- Assist with special projects at the asset class or portfolio level
- Network with institutional peers and managers to stay informed about investment trends and discover compelling investment opportunities
Required Skills and Experience:
The successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Passion for investing, natural curiosity, and desire to understand the financial markets
- Self starter, ability to take initiative and see projects to completion
- A strong academic background with a Bachelor’s degree and financial or consulting experience of two to three years
- Financial modeling skills and general knowledge of portfolio theory, capital markets, private equity, and/or quantitative trading strategies
- Outstanding analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritize projects, and collaborate on a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications supported by sophisticated use of Excel
- Commitment to the Foundation’s mission and high level of professionalism
The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits, and excellent working conditions.
Candidates should apply by submitting a thoughtful cover letter describing fit for the position together with a resume at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=5cd5c82a-9265-495c-8abc-b4756df8f809&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=291165&source=CC2&lang=en_US
We will consider each response carefully, but only contact those individuals we feel are most qualified for the position.