- Fundamental equity research and analysis on individual stocks that supports all stock model portfolios and funds run from the EFGAM Equity Research team (Pan-European basis).
- Producing and maintaining research analysis associated with stock selection process.
- Communicating research and results.
- Identify, analyse and articulate stock investment ideas using fundamental stock analysis focusing on European equities (continental Europe and UK).
- Ideally coverage prior coverage experience of Energy and Communication Services. Coverage of other sectors will be an advantage
- Participate in meetings and conference calls with company management and investor relations
- Support analysis and understanding of stocks within the model portfolios run at EFGAM
- Produce and maintain research notes and spreadsheet models associated with stock selection process, keeping abreast of company and market developments as required
- Perform and write up other research as required, including analysis that supports other aspects of EFGAM process such as asset allocation or that may be of general interest
- Attend relevant industry conferences
- Communicate research and results to team members and the rest of EFG as appropriate
- Provide analysis to portfolio managers, CROs and other relevant parts of EFG
- Liaise with the sales and marketing department - providing stock selection marketing material
- Liaise with Client Relationship Officers and provide information to them
Equity Team Support
- Support the qualitative and quantitative processes and needs of the team
- Prepare the monthly risk meeting reports
- Use Factset and other IT tools to provide ad-hoc bespoke reports and update current reports/data downloads
- Ensure data integrity across platforms
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience covering UK and European stocks as a generalist (or at least 3+ sectors).
- Proven track-record of value generating stock recommendations.
- Depth of knowledge of accounting, finance, economic and the regulatory environment.
- Financial modelling.
- Passion for stock picking and investing.
- Degree in a relevant subject
- Ideally CFA qualified but will also consider part qualified
- Analytical thinking and decision making
- Self-started, motivated, inquisitive and intellectually curious team-player
- Effective written and oral communication