Execution Quantitative Analyst
Arrowstreet is looking to recruit a quantitative analyst to further strengthen its execution capabilities. Equity and FX orders are executed electronically using customized third-party trading algorithms that are designed to minimize implementation shortfall. Trading is an integral part of the portfolio management desk. The trading team consists of 7 traders and associates that are responsible for executing all of the firm’s equity and FX orders across all markets and strategies as well as 3 execution analysts that provide analytical support and evaluate execution quality at multiple levels.
The execution quantitative analysts are responsible for managing a broad range of pre and post trade analysis projects and execution research that could lead to various new trading initiatives as well as an improvement of current practices and workflow. Working closely with technology developers, execution analysts can contribute by introducing automation and improve execution efficiency.
Some of the projects involve analyzing execution performance of brokers, trading strategies and various execution venues and liquidity pools. They are also responsible in evaluating new pools of liquidity and tactics that aim to reduce implicit transaction costs and improve capacity for the firm’s strategies.
The analyst will report and work closely with the Head of Trading and other senior investment professionals in PM and Research in various execution and capacity management projects.
- 3-5 years of experience working for an investment management firm or a broker in an algorithmic or program trading desk
- Familiarity with market microstructure in the US and other major global equity markets
- A solid track record in algorithmic execution development, trade scheduling, smart-order routing and transaction cost analysis
- Proficiency in using various Order and Execution Management Systems and technologies
- Strong ability in analyzing large and complex datasets and addressing execution research questions using quantitative tools and processes
- Expertise in various database and statistical packages (SQL, Hadoop, Python, MATLAB, STATA, R, etc.)
- Familiarity with equity and FX tick data structures
- Post graduate degree in a quantitative discipline
- A strong work ethic and determination to succeed
- Unassailable professional and personal standards and integrity