Fixed Income Trader
With offices in Los Angeles, Newport Beach, Boston and New York, Aristotle is a family of employee-owned investment management firms that collectively manage equity and fixed income strategies. Aristotle attracts and retains talented investment professionals through a culture focused on research, investment management and client success.
Aristotle’s experienced corporate leadership team oversees a centralized support infrastructure to ensure that our distinct teams of investment professionals are able to focus on what they do best—adding value to client portfolios. The company’s support infrastructure includes shared services such as compliance, trading, operations, client communication, marketing and distribution.
Please visit www.aristotlecap.com for more information on our firm.
We are seeking a bright, motivated, team-oriented professional to join our trading team. This person will be responsible for executing trades in a growing advisory firm with multiple fixed income strategies. Trading / Portfolio Administration includes investment for new clients, cash flows, and regular distributions for wrap and institutional clients. Our ideal candidate should understand portfolio management and appropriate account inclusion for a clear sense of each strategy’s objectives and to facilitate best execution for all clients.
What You Will Do:
- Develop investment ideas with portfolio managers and research analysts
- Monitor prices, trading flows, new issuance and overall market color in bond and bank loan market
- Maintain relationships with broker/dealers, traders and other representatives of sell side firms
- Assist with trade settlements and operations; Process post-market trading procedures
- Assist in rebalancing of portfolio positions across strategies and accounts
- Opening and closing accounts and processing fund flows
What You Will Need:
- Strong knowledge of and experience trading corporate bonds/bank loans and working on Bloomberg
- Ability to absorb firm’s trading and compliance procedures, specific account guidelines and restrictions
- Advanced Excel and computer skills, along with strong math and quantitative aptitude
- Excellent analytical and organization skills with outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as with a dynamic group of individuals
- Working knowledge of CRD, Geneva, APL, Market Axess and Oasys is preferred
- Possession of or progress towards a CFA designation is preferred
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree from an accredited college or university, preferably with a major in Finance, Business or Accounting
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant fixed income industry experience
What We Have to Offer
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(K) matching
- Paid time off
- Thursday lunch and quarterly breakfast
- Various Company events throughout the year
Is Aristotle Right for You?
We are looking for exceptional individuals who are intelligent, enthusiastic, and curious, someone who will fit within our culture and contribute to our expanding business. An ideal candidate would not limit their contribution to the provided job description but would help us surpass our goals by continually finding ways to improve themselves and the firm. If you would like the stability of a successful, established company and the growth opportunities of a dynamic environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
The above description identifies the essential job functions and skills needed by the person or persons assigned to this position. These job functions and skills are not intended to be a complete and exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The information contained herein is subject to change at the company's discretion.
No phone calls.
Aristotle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Aristotle will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Aristotle Capital Management, LLC, Aristotle Credit Partners, LLC, Aristotle Capital Boston, LLC, and Aristotle Atlantic Partners, LLC are affiliated organizations. Each is an independent investment adviser separately registered under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, as amended. Registration does not imply a certain level of skill or training. More information about each adviser including the investment strategies, fees and objectives can be found in their ADV Part 2, which is available upon request.