Operational Risk Analyst - Financial Markets
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutional, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks. Global Markets encompasses seven global business lines; G10 Rates, Equity Derivatives, Forex & Local Markets, Commodity Derivatives, Credit, Prime Solutions & Financing and Primary Markets, helping their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk. Global Markets is made up of over 3,700 staff globally based in EMEA, the Americas and Asia Pacific, with the main trading floors located in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo.
Role and resposibilities
As Part Of Strategy Conduct And Risk (SCR), GM OPC Operates Over The 3 Main Regions, Through The Three Following Practices
The Global Markets Operational and Permanent Control (GM OPC) set-up faces increasing Regulatory and Conduct demands beyond pure Operational Risk.
- Regulatory Practice : support any regulatory requirement with a sustainable framework, in line with the dedicated Governance, Control Plan & Risk Assessment
- Conduct Practice : assess and challenge the effectiveness of the Conduct control set-up as well as ensure a full convergence between Conduct Risk Identification (CRI), Risk and Control Self-Assessment – RCSA).
- Operational Risk Practice : contribute to protect the business (P&L, reputation)
The three Practices are further supported by three transversal Streams – Protection (Management and monitoring of incidents, remediation actions and recommendations), Prevention (Deploying RCSA and contribute to Operational risk computation) and Supervision (Validation process and Coordinating the internal control Governance and other Regulatory-based committee).
- Participate to protect P&L by analyzing Historical Incidents (HI)
- Perform RSCA and deep dive on FO processes in order to identify new critical risk area and suggest remediation actions
- Work around Potential Incidents (PI) to support documentation;
- Analyze controls results and perform detailed reviews;
- Participate to the TAC-NAC process (Transaction Approval Committee / New activity Validation Committee)
- Follow Up Of Business Activity
- Build, maintain & publish key risk indicators (KRIs) on action plans, TAC conditions, incident validation, etc
- Chase internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to training, knowledge sharing sessions to different scopes and functions
- Build reporting, dashboards, templates addressed to internal and external stakeholders
- Perform trend analysis comparison to previous weeks/months/quarters
- Proactively suggest improvements on reports on a continuous basis and promote digital solutions
- Contribution To OPC Production, Governance & Tools
- Ensure data input & quality check
- Administration & Monitoring of internal tools – ORUS FO /ARIS / TAC tool
- Contribute to the Permanent Control & Regulatory Governance and other initiatives
- Ad-hoc analysis for set deadlines
- Master Degree Management, Finance, Science, Maths, Engineering on Top Tier international Business School
- Experience in investment banking is an advantage
- 2 to 5 year-experience of Front-Office risk-focused team or Capital Market activities in a similar function
- Good awareness of Operational risk and fundamental risk concepts
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, VBA (other languages would be a plus)
- Precision, rigorousness
- Reliability, capacity to deliver
- Autonomy, proactivity
- An entrepreneurial attitude and a willingness to learn
- Team spirit, ability to work with others
- Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written form (English)
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Standard / Permanent
FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROL
Master Degree or equivalent (> 4 years)
At least 2 years
Attention to detail / rigor, Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving, Critical thinking
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution, Analytical Ability
Job Number: 1903GMFOS2302