Investment Operations Analyst
Chamberlain Group is an independent financial services organization located in the Newport Beach/Irvine, CA area. We provide customized wealth management strategies to business owners, the ultra-affluent and their families. Our clients range in net worth between $50 million and $5 billion and rely on our expertise in investment advisory, estate and succession planning, life insurance, executive benefits and non-qualified plans. Our primary focus is to preserve and grow our clients’ assets for generations. For over 40 years we have successfully built our private boutique firm, owning the mantle of “stewardship” as our number one job. We place a high value on the enduring nature of our client relationships, the quality of our products and services, and the continuity and integrity of our team. We have an excellent corporate culture filled with all sorts of fun perks and have been awarded the OC Best Places to Work distinction. Our 6 Guiding Principles are: Create Value, Be Wise, Achieve Great Results, Experience Meaningful Relationships, Seek Challenges and Have Fun…Come join us!
Opportunity: Investment Operations Analyst
At Chamberlain Group, we do everything in teams because we believe in the collective genius of groupthink: many heads are better than one! The core responsibilities of the Investment Operations Analyst will be to work as part of our Investment Team to support and, more importantly, improve all facets of the investment process, from statement/document management to maintaining our portfolio accounting system to trading securities. In exchange, you will get exposure to a sophisticated investment platform comprised of best-in-class public and private investment managers.
Success in this position requires:
- Technical mindset for data integration, system maintenance and process improvement
- Conversational knowledge of the investment advisory business
- Commitment to offering platinum-level client service
It is essential that the candidate demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail and has an exceptionally professional demeanor. He/she will have direct interaction with our clients. This position is a ‘Jack of All Trades’ of sorts, and some examples of responsibilities include:
- Organizing statements and aggregating information from investment managers
- Maintaining portfolio accounting data for alternative investments
- Managing subscription documents for alternative investments
- Supporting tax-related needs such as monitoring K1s or tax harvesting needs
- Tracking distributions for reinvestment
- Billing administration support
- Trading securities in client accounts (mostly Mutual Funds and ETFs)
The ideal candidate will be a quick learner with proficiency in excel/database management and a keen eye for improving processes, as we need someone to streamline data exchange between various systems.
It is important to exude a team player mindset, taking pride in everything from administrative tasks to analytics that support the investment decision-making process.
- BA/BS degree required with a focus on Business or related field preferred.
- Proficient in Excel; comfortable with VBA; other coding languages a plus.
- Securities trading license preferred, but willing to support obtaining the license.
- Basic experience with the investment advisory business required.
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized, self-motivated, and possess strong time management skills.
- Strong analytical and technical skills are essential.
- High competency in mathematics and financial spreadsheets.
- Competent in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Clear understanding of platinum-level client service.
- Committed to working with integrity.
Application: If interested in this position please submit your resume, accompanied by a cover letter.