Fixed Income Analyst
Specific duties include:
- Monitor credit and duration of existing holdings of municipal and corporate securities. Perform credit analysis of potential investment securities for existing clients.
- Work with other fixed income associates and the Bond Policy Committee to research new investment ideas for portfolio consideration.
- Execute individual fixed income transactions as needed.
- Focus on improvement in the areas of fixed income trading, credit modeling, and monitoring systems.
- Input municipal trade details into proprietary spreadsheet application in order to assist Fixed Income Portfolio Managers in assessing trends in the municipal bond market
- Maintain the securities databases, which consist of approximately 3,500 individual securities. Includes updating credit ratings, updating bonds that may have been pre-refunded or Escrowed to Maturity, updating variable coupon rates, updating security descriptions, etc.
- Maintain databases on existing holdings as to credit worthiness.
- Create portfolio reviews for existing clients and prospects and participate in the presentation of these materials.
The ideal individual’s qualifications include:
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to the industry
- Experience with Advent APX a plus
- Experience with Bloomberg analytics
- Designations such as CFA, CIPM, or work towards any of these is desirable.
- The individual must be able to demonstrate a high level of initiative, collaborate with teammates, and have self-discipline to produce high quality work while facing strict deadlines on multiple requests.