Senior Investment Analyst (Manager Selection & Asset Allocation)
The Senior Investment Analyst (Manager Selection & Asset Allocation) is responsible for analyzing third party managers, performing due diligence and preparing recommendation memos for selected managers. This position evaluates new managers, based on various criteria, including how closely the investment philosophy mirrors that of the BBH managed funds. The Investment Analyst monitors external manager and investment fund performance and oversees the relationships with third party managers. This position prepares periodic commentaries on each fund which includes portfolio performance and positioning discussions. This position will also participate with the front office in client and prospective client meetings. The Senior Investment Analyst will also be involved in special projects as they arise. If you are looking to push your career to the next level, introduce yourself by submitting your resume.
Key responsibilities include:
- Engage in independent analyses of the portfolio holdings of third party managers to understand how the investment philosophies are implemented.
- Assist in the manager selection process, including due diligence steps such as conference calls, manager interviews, on-site manager visits, as well as analysis of manager positions and performance.
- Responsible for monitoring existing managers to ensure that their investment philosophies remain consistent with original underwriting.
- Prepare quarterly commentaries on each fund detailing performance attribution, investment theses for portfolio investment additions and deletions, portfolio positioning and manager outlook.
- Build and maintain relationships with third party managers, fund sub-advisors, external consultants and other investment professionals.
- Support PWM Relationship Managers by providing information related to the platform of managers, as well as by attending client and prospective client meetings to discuss BBH’s investment philosophy and manager platform.
- Present to the IRG Oversight Committee and PBIOC on new manager selections, annual manager reviews, and other special topics as they arise.
- Assist in the production and distribution of quarterly and monthly analysis and reporting.
- Assist in the creation of articles, as well as client and prospect marketing materials.
- Maintain records of meetings, conference calls, manager visits, etc. for the group.
- 2+years of relevant investment or investment analysis experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record, required
- MBA a plus
- Knowledge and alignment with BBH’s investment philosophy, a must
- Ability to analyze complex issues and make sound decisions
- Knowledge of fundamental equity and fixed income research methodologies preferred;
- Strong financial acumen, conceptual and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with a commitment to success
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products, particularly Excel, required
- CFA/CAIA designation, a plus
- Unquestionable integrity and character
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others