Senior Specialist, Capital Markets
ENERGY FOR WHAT’S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
The Finance Division provides financial services to Southern California Edison and Edison International. Finance works with its business partners to understand their business requirements and utilizes the functional expertise of its people, its resources and its processes to deliver solutions to meet those requirements. The organization acts as a steward to do what is best for the company, ensuring that SCE meets or exceeds the sustainability, safety and compliance standards set by the corporation. Finance delivers efficient, reliable solutions through its 5 operating departments.
As the Sr. Specialist - Capital Markets, there will be a strong emphasis on providing analytical support to the Sr. Manager - Capital Markets/Regulatory Economics as well as opportunities to interact with Sr. Management. This role will focus on financial analysis, capital markets research and monitoring, leasing analysis, and communicating / interacting with rating agencies and financial institutions. The Sr. Specialist will also develop, validate, and present statistical and financial models, as well as ensuring the accuracy and integrity of findings and recommendations.
- Provide complex financial analysis in support of strategic objectives to the Sr. Manager - Capital Markets/Regulatory Economics including financial statement analysis, bond call economics, make-whole calculations, preferred stock analysis and other capital markets activities.
- Help prepare executive presentations and transaction approvals.
- Track capital markets activity and analyze changes in the capital markets; coordinate with external investment bankers on bond and preferred transaction structures and pricing guidance; help coordinate due diligence reviews.
- Ensure all financing related activities follow SOX procedures and satisfy regulatory requirements
- Support rating agency relationships - Lead detailed financial analysis of SCE credit ratings and industry peers including understanding rating agency methodologies; coordinate annual rating agency review meetings; lead coordination and analysis for answering rating agency questions.
- Manage request for proposals (RFP) for company’s equipment and lease financing needs by partnering with internal business units and Legal.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in financial, quantitative or operational analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience analyzing complex business and/or regulatory problems
- Four (4) or more years of experience using MS Office applications for financial analysis, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Master’s Degree in Business, Economics or other related discipline
- Five (5) or more years of capital markets experience
- Strong financial analysis skills including advanced skills on MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate financial information clearly and effectively, including developing and facilitating presentations and recommendations for team and corporate leadership
- Experience creating valuation models, assessing capital structures and performing cost of capital calculations
- Experience developing, validating, and presenting statistical and financial models, as well as ensuring the accuracy and integrity of findings and recommendations
- Experience using VBA, Access or Utilities International Planning and Budgeting software
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Strong ethics, the ability to influence and negotiate, and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and engage in continuous learning
- Completion of Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Program exam I, II or III
- Experience identifying, evaluating, and resolving moderate issues under rigid time constraints
- Effective resource and project planning, decision making, results delivery, team building experience, and the ability to stay current with relevant technology and innovation
- Certified Treasury Professional
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Relocation may apply to this position.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.