Plains Midstream Canada is active in LPG trading, production and storage throughout North America as well as crude oil gathering, transportation and marketing activities. Fueled by our strong management team and dedicated employee base, Plains has sustained strong growth and has aggressive development plans for the future. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy working as part of a team in a dynamic and entrepreneurial work environment.
Plains is currently looking for experienced and highly motivated individuals to fill vacant Trader positions within our Commercial Trading Group based in Calgary, AB. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with previous commodity trading experience, preferably within the NGL or Crude Oil sector. The successful candidate will exhibit a high level of professionalism while fostering external business relationships and playing a pivotal role in the commercial negotiations and trade transactions across North America.
- Managing daily trade positions in order to maximize profitability;
- Maintaining pricing requirements for market based products and tools;
- Profitably executing a storage strategy for Plains assets throughout North America;
- Liaising with Supply and Marketing departments for deal structure and negotiations;
- Identifying and building relationships with key stakeholders in Canada and the USA;
- Developing and implementing market penetration strategies to further trade activity;
- Ensuring the retention of existing business;
- Promoting positive relations with key customers and suppliers at all levels; and
- Liaising with other departments as required
- Bachelor Degree in Commerce, Economics or Management with 5+ years related industry experience (including 2+ years of commodity trading experience);
- Highly motivated with well-developed analytical, communication, and negotiation skills;
- Goal oriented and able to contribute as a team player;
- Strong business acumen with an interest in the Oil & Gas industry;
- Previous experience in preparing and delivering trade ideas for internal stakeholders; and
- Enjoys working with multiple priorities and tasks in a fast paced environment.
Interested candidates are required to submit their resume online through the CFA job board as well as online at www.plainsmisdtream.com prior to May 27th 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More searches like this
- Hedge Funds Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Relationship Management Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Risk Management Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Trading Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors